Howdy from Wyoming!

Haefen

Reaction score
Hello everyone, picked up my 1967 Plymouth Sport Fury about 2 years ago but life has been too busy to really do all too much. But here I am and here 'he' is. Last owner made sure to inform me that this Fury was a He! I bought it from the owner of a hotel up in the mountains who was moving away and didn't want to bring it, it'd just been sitting around back of the hotel since he bought it. I know he bought it from Iowa since it still had registration paperwork up to 1995! It's a 383 auto with a third front seat instead of the center console from factory!

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_1144.JPG

Hi from Chilton Wisconsin, up around Green Bay , Are you going to work on it or sell it?

Hi from Chilton Wisconsin, up around Green Bay , Are you going to work on it or sell it?
Well it runs, the last guy couldn't figure it out but I had the problem solved in a few hours. Now just needs a new pinion to be back on the road. I've got a nice pile of at least a grand in new and used parts and a new in box windshield. I'm planning on fixing him up unless someone really absolutely in love with it came along and offered the right price. I understand people's passion for these beauts.

Here's a short video of the first time I had it back drivable again. Only had 2 brakes working, one was pissing out brake fluid while a wheel seal on the other side was leaking. But damn was it nice to drive! All those issues have been fixed now.

Hi again, Tell us about Wyoming. Are there any other people living within sight of you (LOL) Are the mountains around you or are they called hills? Any towns around you? In Wisconsin, you would be hard pressed to find a dirt road.

Hi again, Tell us about Wyoming. Are there any other people living within sight of you (LOL) Are the mountains around you or are they called hills? Any towns around you? In Wisconsin, you would be hard pressed to find a dirt road.
I live in one of the 'cities' of Wyoming, as much of a population that 30k can be. I'd like to get a place out away from town at some point but it ain't too bad. We got plenty of mountains, I'm at an altitude of 7220 snugged right up against the main climb of the highway that has to peak at over 8200. Gotta make sure the carbs jetted right! There aren't a whole lot of people but plenty of old cars just waiting to be found. As stated above I found the Sport Fury behind a hotel in a mountain town, and I also helped a family member snag a 1953 Bel Air for $600 that'd been sitting in a garage since 1974. Luckily they don't salt the roads here so things don't rust out all too bad either, most of what my Fury has was from Iowa I'm sure, and the original owner got the undercoating so what it does have is minimal.

Welcome from Virginia! That's great that it's rust free. I'm glad you got the car going after so many years sitting behind the hotel. Sounds like you know what you're doing. Hope you keep it. And sounds like you're a knowledgeable addition to our website.

Welcome from Virginia! That's great that it's rust free. I'm glad you got the car going after so many years sitting behind the hotel. Sounds like you know what you're doing. Hope you keep it. And sounds like you're a knowledgeable addition to our website.
Thanks! Yeah funnily enough the last guy thought it was a fuel problem so put on a new mechanical pump and gave up when that didn't work, so I started there and pulled off that new pump. Turned out the fuel pump pushrod was missing! Not broken or loose, just gone. I hooked up an electric pump i had laying around and after a couple minutes back and forth it fired up. That 4bbl 383 sounded gorgeous!

Welcome from Utah. I'm in Vernal only 60 miles from the Wyoming border. I was born in Rock Springs and raised in Riverton. I don't know if Dwain up in Basin WY has any C-body stuff but he has a pretty neat Mopar salvage yard. I bought a 79 Diplomat from him. He is on the Wyoming classic car site on facebook.

Welcome from Utah. I'm in Vernal only 60 miles from the Wyoming border. I was born in Rock Springs and raised in Riverton. I don't know if Dwain up in Basin WY has any C-body stuff but he has a pretty neat Mopar salvage yard. I bought a 79 Diplomat from him. He is on the Wyoming classic car site on facebook.
Thanks a lot for the heads up! I'll have to check in to it.

Thanks! Yeah funnily enough the last guy thought it was a fuel problem so put on a new mechanical pump and gave up when that didn't work, so I started there and pulled off that new pump. Turned out the fuel pump pushrod was missing! Not broken or loose, just gone. I hooked up an electric pump i had laying around and after a couple minutes back and forth it fired up. That 4bbl 383 sounded gorgeous!
Wow! That is strange. Wonder if the rod dropped on the ground and the guy never knew what it was.

Back