HP exhaust manifolds/spark plug heat shields.

MJFUR

Reaction score
69 Chrysler 300, swapping from log exhaust manifolds to HP exhaust manifolds. 2863409/2806900

Are the spark plug heat shields with the log type manifolds retained? Are there different heat shields used or are there no heat shields used?

Thx

There are some different styles used over the years, the 69 with the HP manifolds use the ones like these (picture found on the web)

Alan

SG-87106-7.jpg

I have HP's and never used heat shields and never had a problem but you may want them for originality which would be cool. Anyone making robops? Like to see a pic of a set on an engine.

if they are still on your car you can reuse them if in good shape. Same for HP and std manifolds.

First Picture:
I wasn't so lucky

Second Picture:
Here is a picture with one in place, can get a better picture later.

Alan

2021-11-16_004.jpg

2021-12-04_003.jpg

Last edited:
if they are still on your car you can reuse them if in good shape. Same for HP and std manifolds.
I still have the originals, but they are kind of ugly.

Thx you/all for the help.

MrMoparCHP.... just to clarify...did your wires burn without the shields or with them?....since pic 2 shows you've got them

MrMoparCHP.... just to clarify...did your wires burn without the shields or with them?....since pic 2 shows you've got them
Before, new wires were put on the car in November 2020 when I got the car, taken off September 2021 when I pulled the engine for detailling.

Alan

ok thanks...i know 70FuryConv melted a couple during break-in and he was using the early shields...i decided to use the larger ones figuring there had to be a reason the factory made them bigger...but i'm far from firing it up...looks like i have the same date code wires with the orange boots as you do

Ok you convinced me ,I bought a set for the 69.

Back