Hp manifolds

polara383500

Reaction score
My passengers side had a crack found one at a old junkyard for $50! Got them both cleaned up a lil waiting on heads to come back to put them back on!

700FEC90-A32D-4A21-A898-13D9824089F5.jpeg

Yea there still out there, I seen a stash of dog dishes on CL recently, some dirt cheap, some pricey, and one that looks like a milk crate full that I guess is negotiable.

Nice score! I managed to piece together a set for mine (and recently sold a driver side one) through Facebook Marketplace.
EAF63826-10B6-471C-B980-A88101C351F1.jpeg

My passengers side had a crack found one at a old junkyard for $50! Got them both cleaned up a lil waiting on heads to come back to put them back on!
View attachment 436078

You have a lot of threads which is fine but I have lost track of what you are doing. So your rebuilding the stock heads and the bottom end is fine? Did you find a good machine shop in your area? In any case glad to hear your car is on the mend. PM sent.

You have a lot of threads which is fine but I have lost track of what you are doing. So your rebuilding the stock heads and the bottom end is fine? Did you find a good machine shop in your area? In any case glad to hear your car is on the mend. PM sent.
Sorry about the treads just was trying to get ideas on what to do and with time and money wise! I found a guy that I kinda knew said he would look at the heads to see how they were! They ended up being in good shape just had to replace the valves everything’s else was in good shape! I had a crack manifold and was gonna do headers but found the Passenger one cheap! So just doing the top end! Might look into building a motor myself in the long run and just have a machine shop go thru the block in the future!

That's great news. You know just an idea since you will have a working engine to enjoy your ride,, now you have all the time in the world to gather parts for another engine. That's the way I did it. My 440 is old and tired but works well enough to enjoy but I was thinking about the future. I bought a good used 440 block. Had it checked out and had a foundation for my build without having my car down for driving seasons. Slowly did research and gathered parts for the build. Far less painful economically that way and you still enjoy your car. Once my engine [ going on 3 years] is in I will have an extra fully working or rebuildable 440 for my next project.

Last edited:
Back