Hurricane Season 2020

An F4 that went through Edmonton, AB, 33 years ago last Friday

I was there Pete and at first we didn't believe a Tornado touched down as they were very uncommon in those days. The wife and I were driving to Saskatoon that night to be in a car show (567 Chevy Club sorry) and drove through that storm all the way. The next day we saw the pictures on the front page and couldn't believe it.

I wanted to see all the rich foreigners 15 million dollar homes in Miami Beach under water.
And at least one a little further north...
Barack and Michelle Obama Are Buying This Island Retreat for $14.8M
cc1c969d237a50794944054a16bb9d4fw-c0xd-w685_h860_q80.jpg

Who else will cut your lawn if you don’t cut it yourself?
Seems to be one of many skill-sets missing among the American youth these days.

And it used to be such a great way for a kid to make extra money. Just can't pry the video game controller out of their hands now.

I pay my neighbor’s kids to mow the acreage. I sometimes do the grass/lawns, but usually am out with Lucifer and the bush-hog mowing the ‘pasture’ areas, if my cousin doesn’t bale it.

Here's the problem. As kids, we went through wiffle balls like crazy.
None of us had parents that would pay for more than one wiffle ball. So, how did we get more wiffle balls? Cut lawns..

:BangHead:

The worst of it? It's better here than where they came from. Else they'd go home.

They'll do it. They turn nothing down here. And all the non-mexicans won't do it.
I hate the the employers worse.
Roofers in mid summer in Florida seven days a week. That's modern slavery.

Out here in CA with the recent explosion of homelessness, one thing that stood out to me is that you never see any homeless that appear to be from Mexico or Central America. All the homeless that you see are either white or black...mostly white. The amigos all live together in tight quarters, converted garages, wherever there's a bed or a bunk to be had, but at least they're housed because they look out for each other.

Out here in CA with the recent explosion of homelessness, one thing that stood out to me is that you never see any homeless that appear to be from Mexico or Central America. All the homeless that you see are either white or black...mostly white. The amigos all live together in tight quarters, converted garages, wherever there's a bed or a bunk to be had, but at least they're housed because they look out for each other.
That’s been my observation also. Whether I’m in Phoenix, Florida or here in south east Michigan.

In his own words “I bugged out Monday when it looked like it was heading my way.”
He’s with Virgil and will head home tomorrow to see what’s left. Also his words...
Thank you for updating folks. I received similar information.

I was in the hospital from Sunday evening until yesterday. It was a planned visit, per my cardiologist, to check myself in with chest pain (discomfort) and eventually get the second stent I've been working on all summer. Good news, they successfully installed the thing and the part of my ticker that was 100% blocked is now getting juice. I am expecting a much better recovery than I had been experiencing after the first one. I cannot begin to understand or explain why there was so much resistance to get this job done, I'm simply going to focus on enjoying that its handled now.

I was in the hospital from Sunday evening until yesterday. It was a planned visit, per my cardiologist, to check myself in with chest pain (discomfort) and eventually get the second stent I've been working on all summer. Good news, they successfully installed the thing and the part of my ticker that was 100% blocked is now getting juice. I am expecting a much better recovery than I had been experiencing after the first one. I cannot begin to understand or explain why there was so much resistance to get this job done, I'm simply going to focus on enjoying that its handled now.
Congratulations!

Great news Jeff, glad to hear! How does it feel to be off cigarettes?

Great news Jeff, glad to hear! How does it feel to be off cigarettes?
Do you want the truth or the happy lie? :lol:

I still have moments when I'd be willing to kill for one. Initially I had more breathing problems without than with :wtf:, but that has eased off and I believe the heart troubles played a part in it. :realcrazy:

Someday, I might be that guy who doesn't care. I can't see it from here though. :BangHead:

Thanks for asking :mad:

Back