Hush Thrush mufflers

SGT FURY

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Was cleaning a old auto repair shop for scrap and came across a pair of these NOS Thrush mufflers. Think I will use these on my 61!

I’d love to hear those.

Had these on a 70 RR with a 383, nice low purr to it. Later on a 73 340 Duster and same sound, never liked my cars to loud.

I had one of those on my very first car, a '68 Mustang Fastback, way back in 1980.

Once the paint is burned off it's just an unknown muffler. I would hang them in the shop.

Actually, the paint on these is remarkably resilient. I have a single Hush Thrush on my son's '76 Buick, and it has a great, low, non-intrusive sound. It's been on the car since 2011. A 500-mile drive two weeks ago and a 130-mile drive this past Saturday made me appreciate that sound even more. I'll see if I can get a recording of it this week and post on youtube, and I'll link it here.

Heres one off a car from 70’s, paint still mostly there and could still be used and one thats garage art. Thinking they used real metal back then!

58B5951D-D464-4FB2-A2A3-42DA7AFC9CFB.jpeg

5DDBBEEB-31FF-47A9-A518-E0E437C9CEBE.jpeg

So what's the difference between the two ? I remember the round ones. Dad put one on the Polara that started it all.

I can't say I've ever seen these. The round ones were all over in the 80s.

the ovals had a nice mellow idle but raspier when getting on it. i used to like the sound a lot, but could never find a comparable muffler.

Back