HVAC Switch Part Number Needed for 1970 300

fins2fuselage

Reaction score
My 1970 Chrysler 300 currently has the incorrect HVAC switch because (years ago) I could not find the correct one when the "sliders" inside the old switch fell apart; now I have misplaced the original part number.

My car has "standard" 5-button heat and air system, NOT the complex "automatic climate control" system. I need to know the original part number so that I can try to locate a good (preferably NOS) switch. An online source to help me find original part numbers in general would be welcome as well.

Thanks.

Jeff

Thanks, Trace, but it doesn't seem to mention "1970 Chrysler 300" anywhere in the listing, only Newport. Yes, I realize that shouldn't make a difference . . . but based on my own experience with these switches over 26 years of owning this car, there was never a switch I tried in it that would work correctly other than the original part number. So I'm inclined to defer to the eBayer's list.

Jeff

Lefty,

Okay: I have found the code number (1-48-770) for the switch on Page 8-70 . . . but I can find no page breaking 1-48-770 down into part numbers for the various applications (heater only, heat/air, auto. temp. control). There is, ironically, a page that shows part numbers and which group they belong in. . . but not the other way around. It seems as if that manual might be incomplete? What am I missing?

Jeff

Thanks, Lefty . . . but I would probably live with the incorrect switch that I have (or figure out how to "build one from scratch"!) before I would do that.

Jeff

My 1970 Chrysler 300 currently has the incorrect HVAC switch because (years ago) I could not find the correct one when the "sliders" inside the old switch fell apart; now I have misplaced the original part number.

My car has "standard" 5-button heat and air system, NOT the complex "automatic climate control" system. I need to know the original part number so that I can try to locate a good (preferably NOS) switch. An online source to help me find original part numbers in general would be welcome as well.

Thanks.

Jeff
Part Number from Section 24-6 of the 70-71 parts book appears to be #3431270

Dave

Thanks, Lefty . . . but I would probably live with the incorrect switch that I have (or figure out how to "build one from scratch"!) before I would do that.

Jeff

LOL, I just meant call the guy to get the proper part number info. Funny you should say tho, because I distinctly remember my dad tearing into the one on our '71 New Yorker in about 1975, because he wasn'nt about to buy one way back then. I'm sure they cost pennies on the dollar then too! He pulled off a repair without replacing, so no reason you can't do it.

LOL, I just meant call the guy to get the proper part number info. Funny you should say tho, because I distinctly remember my dad tearing into the one on our '71 New Yorker in about 1975, because he wasn'nt about to buy one way back then. I'm sure they cost pennies on the dollar then too! He pulled off a repair without replacing, so no reason you can't do it.

Lefty,
I already did the take-it-apart -- clean-it -- reassemble-with-#4-screws thing with it years ago; the last time I took it apart the sliders were falling apart. I didn't know about making them out of Textolite (per Big_John) at that time so I may have thrown the old switch away . . . but I'll look for it.

Jeff

Back