I am in search for a round back style alternator

Patinad70Polara

Reaction score
ISO a round back style, dual field dual pulley alternator for my 1970; 383 polara. No parts stores have them that I can find.

Last edited:
If you have an old one, have it rebuilt, that’s what I had to do. I found a local guy to do mine, $159 and it is good as new. Most of the parts stores only have the 60 amp or 100 amp square back design.

Have you checked Rockauto.com? If not, they have a really great supply of alternators and I found the dual pulley with fan 100 amp for my 77 440, so they may have what you are looking for as well.
Good luck in your search,
77newyorker440

Have you checked Rockauto.com? If not, they have a really great supply of alternators and I found the dual pulley with fan 100 amp for my 77 440, so they may have what you are looking for as well.
Good luck in your search,
77newyorker440
I looked on there but all that popped up were the same ones advance pulls up in their system.

If you have an old one, have it rebuilt, that’s what I had to do. I found a local guy to do mine, $159 and it is good as new. Most of the parts stores only have the 60 amp or 100 amp square back design.
I don’t have one on me, it came with the wrong alternator sadly

ISO a round back style, dual field dual pulley alternator for my 1970; 383 polara. No parts stores have them that I can find.

I ran into the same issue last year for Medina, my ‘71 Monaco. You’re correct. I ended up reusing my old original. I’d get an old core and have it rebuilt, or find one on a parts car that still works.

Last edited:
Powermaster #7019 is the one you are looking for .
Roundback,2 groove pulley and dual field.
img-103-f.png

POWERMASTER PERFORMANCE

Powermaster #7019 is the one you are looking for .
Roundback,2 groove pulley and dual field.
View attachment 405091
POWERMASTER PERFORMANCE
Yes, the only one was able to find was one from summit that had both dual pulley and dual field. But it was going to cost an arm and a leg. I just found one 10min ago on eBay that’s used but is in “working” condition. Even if it’s bad and I have to get it rebuilt I’d still be ahead of the amount I’d pay for the summit one. I just bought it and I should have it next Monday.

Thank you everyone for the help, this is the best forum community I’ve seen in a long time. I found one! I can’t wait to get her to where it can go farther than a quick to town and back with no lights.

Back