I bet more states are doing this

General Discussion

1. Rwc

Rwc Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

I have no illusions that big brother doesn't know where I am, or what I'm doing. The part I am concerned about is getting a bill for miles driven. I've already paid for that with fuel taxes, excise taxes and the just goes on. The people that should really be concerned is the consumer. I would pass this on the the companies I work for, who would pass that to the consumer.
    Meanwhile the politicians are taking in more and more cash

2. CBODY67

CBODY67 Senior Member

On the other hand, y'all should be glad that what YOU do has value to others. Just that YOU don't see the money from it! See, YOU have value to others, which can be a good thing, even without you doing anything at all to make it happen.

Enjoy!
    CBODY67

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. CBODY67

CBODY67 Senior Member

Seems that there are THREE levels of 5G. "Low band", which is the slowest and has the fartherest distance. "Mid band" and "High band" have proportionately slower speeds and less distance they can cover. When you hear about largest coverage, it's the low band. When you hear about distances covered being "blocks", that's apparently the higher bands of 5G, there.

Saw that on tv the other day.
    CBODY67

4. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

I don't want to be valuable to others for the reasons listed above .

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 1970cat

1970cat Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

it's a vicious merry-go-round. people want convenience,convenience comes at a cost. our hard earned dollars,when spent, are turned on us by corporate greed. some things like insurance and medicine are outright scams. things like agricultural markets and oil are based on speculation (gambling). now with the near end of the barter system (physical currency ), everything is going digital. i strongly feel that the stock market is the ruination of the economy. profits need to be up, no matter the consequences, every quarter to keep the shareholders happy.
    the thing i can't stomach is everyone needing my physical address. why do everyone from credit card companies to the hospital refuse to accept my post office box? that's where i get my bills! i just renewed my drivers license and stepped up to the "enhanced license" under the threat of not being able to fly, drive across borders or enter government buildings. for an extra $30 i had the privilege of providing my actual birth certificate, current license, social security card, completed DMV form and 2 proofs of physical address. my physical address was already printed on the renewal application that i was mailed and brought with me to the DMV. :soapbox:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Goose

The Goose Senior Member

I was the last guy at work to have a flip phone. They tracked me down and made me get a smart? phone. Kinda funny out where we are smart phones - all computer no antenna don’t work as good as a flip phone which is all antenna & not much computer. Now I’m all wired in but nobody can get a hold of me Lol!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. 78Brougham

78Brougham Deplorable FCBO Gold Member

They tried to screw me out of $30, here too for that nonsense. They didn't get it. Valid passport does the same thing. Even the woman at the license center told me she didn't give in either.

8. Joseph James

Joseph James Senior Member

I didn’t hit disagree but I will say that in some cases regulation causes change and in some cases manufacturers intentionally make systems obsolete so you have to upgrade.

I still have a fine desktop computer running Windows 64 bit Vista which no one supports. Most newer software won’t work with it. They want to force me to buy Windows 10 spyware.

9. tbm3fan

tbm3fan Senior Member

I don't think I'd blame regulation for what has happened to the cell phone. That was driven by engineers who wanted more and consumers who wanted more. Naturally the companies making them, with those nice deals and plans, were going to monetize the information they could glean from them. As you know everything in monetized today as I have ranted about the car hobby. I saw that in the beginning the cell phone would be the biggest invasion of privacy for the individual and they would buy it without thinking. So I kept my old phone which cannot be tracked unless I have it on and it is only on when I need to make a call which means maybe 30 minutes a month. No GPS so only a cell tower would have the general location for a moment. If I need to make a bunch of calls I do so from my land line office phone.