I finally have some color on the 300

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
It's only the underside of the hood but I have applied my first base and clear on the 300. I couldn’t be happier with the color. It is exactly what I was hoping and expecting. The paint shop had a formula for the Saddle Bronze color, but I still wondered if it is going to come out right.

I had a new HVLP gun I was testing out and was very pleased with it too. My old set up works fine for the primer but I was never happy with the atomization of the clear. This gun worked beautifully and was very reasonably priced.

Here is my progression of the hood.

Hood before.sm.jpgPrepped int hood.sm.jpgPrimed 1.sm.jpgHood painted.jpg

Hood before.sm.jpg

Hood painted.jpg

Prepped int hood.sm.jpg

Primed 1.sm.jpg

Great progress. I forget......what color are you going with?

It is called Saddle Bronze it is a gold/bronze color. It is a great match if anything it may be lighter, which I was actually hoping it would be not darker. I absolutely love the color.

Yeah, its kind of something I say when someone keeps moving along on their car, and it looks great by the way

looks great, what size tip did you use for the clear?

Yeah, its kind of something I say when someone keeps moving along on their car, and it looks great by the way

I got it, I think we are about the same age, so I get your comments and know they are in fun. I have been worried about the color since I bought the paint a few weeks ago, now that I have some on the car all is good.

Nice congrats! That space where you're doing the work must be warm enough?

Nice congrats! That space where you're doing the work must be warm enough?

Yes very well insulated. It never drops below freezing and my furnace warms it up fast. I have a programmable thermostat and I set it on 70 to run until midnight, so it will be warm for 8 hours to let the clear set-up completely.

HVLP rocks! great results easy to use super fast atomization no need for fancy compressors etc. love it!

Back