I found something, its not great...

boostedvan

Reaction score
I found this car originally about 15 years ago as I was driving past the property it was on. I inquired about it and it wasn't for sale. The guy told me his Mother bought it brand new, he drove it in High School and it was retired in 1988.
Since I now have a 1970 Chrysler 300, I figured I would drive past and see if it was still there. I stopped in and it is still around, though much less of it now. It is a Factory TNT car, FP6 with a white vinyl top and a black interior, power windows and power drivers seat. He might be willing to part with it now, but at this point its a parts donor only. The doors are seized shut, the roof is rotten, the firewall has many, many holes in it and the hood a separated from the bracing. It was running on propane for the last years of its life as well.
He did say he would be interested in doing a trade in parts to help his sons 1974 Swinger project along. I don't see a whole lot of money in parts, its more the nuts and bolts things for my car as a just in case. Any ideas on fair market on it in CAD? Hopefully he will accept Canadian Tire money as partial payment.

20190221_110252.jpg

20190221_111059.jpg

20190221_111120.jpg

20190221_111126.jpg

I've also been trying to get more info on this one, I can never get anyone to answer the door. I've left a couple notes and no reply. 1971 Non TNT, power windows, bench seat and a good set of complete road wheels. It's a shame to see these cars rot into the ground.

20190117_125747.jpg

Last edited:
After sitting for that long, nuts, bolts and small parts and some glass is about all that will be usable. Engine is going to be seized up tight, probably can salvage the heads and exhaust manifolds, transmission core, maybe some brake drums/rotors. In Canadian dollars $600 to $700. ($250 exhaust manifolds, $150 core heads, $100 transmission core and whatever small stuff that can be used for the balance). If by some miracle the engine is still free add $250-$350.

Dave

Yet another case of emotions dictating over logic...his unrealistic dreams of someday restoring the car doomed it to become a rusty pile of crap.

The interior is shot or...…..?

The interior on the Teal car is pretty bad. The holes on the top of the roof let water into the headliner which caused it to collapse and now the water just leaks onto the seats and floor. The Door panels look okay from what I can see. I cant get either door open, and the windows are covered with mildew so seeing inside is tough. Maybe some of the dash parts would be saveable, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's a real shame on both of these cars, I'm going to try and get the Teal one for parts but I have a feeling the Red one will never be for sale.

FWIW, the teal one still wears its heat stove on teh driverside HP manifold. That's a hard piece to find nowadays, none of the ebay manifolds ever have it.

Might be worth a grand if the motor's not seized or cracked but will likely be one or the other so $500-$600 would be all I'd want to pay for it.However,if I had the same car and needed specific parts that were usable on it then maybe a couple hundred more.

Years ago I picked up a Rusty 2dr 69 300 someone had robbed the drive train from and was going to derby, so parted out what was left. Made a few bucks off that car and when it was but a carcass some derby guy actually bought it to Derby! Was just a stripped shell and missing front and rear suspension but guy said he would weld in a Nova sub frame etc and go smash stuff.

Back