I got a new tool

65sporty

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I got one of these today it's Matco's wrench extender. Works better than trying to do the double wrench technique. Great when you need just a little more on the wrench. I call it their wrench bender.

upload_2017-3-9_20-8-6.png

I got mine off the tool truck but you can get one here
WRENCH EXTENDER WE745 | Matco Tools

Never seen something like that.

I found a big wrench in the road a while ago.... Hmmm.... I might fire up the welder and make one.

I'll keep using a breaker bar and pipe.

I thought that also till I split my snap on ratchet in half trying to get those F,.in hub piloted nuts off, they replaced it but I'm not doing that again.
And the DOT wanted those on dry because they thought that was why the wheels were coming off, silly cops leave the engineering to people with brains.

Damn for $80 I'll keep using the miscellaneous pipes I have laying around, for my "wrench extender". :)

I'll keep using a breaker bar and pipe.

There are places where those won't fit and you need something flat. Such as a 15mm nut on a tensioner right up against the compartment's right apron. Transverse engines are a bit of a challenge.

I reach, in this order, breaker bar, pipe to extend the breaker bar handle and if all else fails my big f'n hammer!

There are times when I can't get a socket and breaker bar in where I need it only a wrench and this is safer than the double wrench technique. The $75 I paid is a little spendy but I will use it often.

There are times when I can't get a socket and breaker bar in where I need it only a wrench and this is safer than the double wrench technique. The $75 I paid is a little spendy but I will use it often.
Thankfully, I don't feel the need... I never had a real problem with doubling the wrenches, and the floor jack handle always made a good pipe for breaking the breaker bar...

Watch, now someday soon I'm going to need one...:D

have to have the right tool for the job!
tightener
US_Navy_030730-N-9455K-103_Seabees_use_a_breaker_bar_to_secure_a_bulldozer_before_transporting_it_to_Camp_Moreell_from_Camp_Castle.jpg

loosener
32294d1390886025-diy-efocus-rmm-install-img_2224.jpg

belt tensioner tool (multiple uses)
image_16281.jpg

persuader/adjuster
th

all-purpose wrench
th

have to have the right tool for the job!
tightener
US_Navy_030730-N-9455K-103_Seabees_use_a_breaker_bar_to_secure_a_bulldozer_before_transporting_it_to_Camp_Moreell_from_Camp_Castle.jpg

loosener
32294d1390886025-diy-efocus-rmm-install-img_2224.jpg

belt tensioner tool (multiple uses)
image_16281.jpg

persuader/adjuster
th

all-purpose wrench
th
Misnamed this one, the CARBURETOR HAMMER was always either the smallest or the largest one you own, depending on the application at the moment.
th

Now I have actually used one of these to knock off a bolt. Took more than a few strikes. It is also useful if any varmints or other tool (s) show their heads where they don't belong.
louisville-slugger-bat.png

Back