I have a dream

Marian

Reaction score
Some cars have a story to tell. Well, at least this one does. Dad bought this car in Amarillo. Brand new and only cost around 3,500. When the base closed down he packed us up and headed to a little town called Universal City, right outside of San Antonio. Every other Summer we would take this beauty to Mass. to visit my Grandfather. As I got older, my dad would take me outside to work on simple things like changing the oil, tune-ups and once we had to take apart part of the engine. (My dear brother dropped a nut down the carb. and didn't tell anyone. You can only imagine what happened when the car was started) My dad wanted to make sure that his dearest daughter (that's me) would know a little about cars. When I turned 16, my father gave me the car...sort of. <laugh> When I turned 17, my father died of cancer. He was only 54 years young. My mother then bought me a 77 Camaro and the ole beauty was parked under a friends hay barn in 1979. Around 2006 my wonderful husband agreed to let me have the car towed up to where we live now. The engine was rebuilt but nothing really started happening until earlier this year. We again towed the car down to a shop who is now in the process of restoring my beauty. It is and will continue to be "my" dream...a tribute to my dad. I could tell you more stories about this car, but those will come later as work progresses. Hope you all have a safe Labor Day.
Marian

Oh and a big thanks to my wonderful husband who knows how much this means to me. It's only money, right honey. LOL

2012-06-16 12.36.19.jpg

2012-08-11 12.22.32.jpg

2012-08-11 12.22.50(1).jpg

2012-08-11 12.23.05(1).jpg

2012-08-11 12.23.34.jpg

Great story! You must be very excited, congrats!

No time like the present, you only live once and its only money are quotes that come to mind.... Great story, you wont regret the effort.....NICE!

Great family story! Take your time and post pictures of your restoration journey!

Back