I just dont get it

kenmdale

Reaction score
Not a mopar vehicle , but I had to post it. I came across this vehicle in Fort Myers FL the other day

20190214_111318[4021].jpg

It gets worse than you think. Apparently there's a difference between a "Donk" a "Box" and a "Bubble" despite all having wagon wheels... Also, be careful googling those phrases at work.

I'm retired so no worries about work. In Australia a donk referred to the engine, haven't heard the other terms though, then again it's a different world for those who don't share that interest.

Thx for the post.

It is known as a "DONK".

They are all over the inner cities.

Me neither, but some folks seem to like it, though they must enjoy a hard ride and tires which require frequent replacement.
Not only that, but the turning radius of a big bus.

I remember, around the time these abominations started showing up in Omaha, my gf and I watched someone exiting a shopping-mall parking space in his donked-up mid-Eighties' Buick Regal. It took him several back-and-forth maneuvers to get out.

I can't remember which word my gf used to describe him: doofus or idiot.
:lol:

Donk: '71-'76 Impala
Box: '77-'90 Impala
Bubble: '91-'96 Impala

(and there are some variations and those themes, like an Olds version of the above, etc.)

As you can imagine, I'm "not a fan". That said, I'll give it 100x more respect than the skinny-jeans wearing effeminate boys who have no interest in turning a wrench. Most of these cars are just dodging fates as taxis, derby or parts fodder anyway. I can identify much more with them than youth who live in an internet-based VR.

Not a mopar vehicle , but I had to post it. I came across this vehicle in Fort Myers FL the other day

View attachment 260562
It is known as a "DONK".

They are all over the inner cities.
Not to start racial profiling... but I'm guessing this is parked in the vicinity of MLK Blvd... I knew a guy with a body shop in the area...ugly *** bright green seemed to be a popular color... cash customers, just don't look in the trunk... and sometimes the owner had to be given storage until his incarceration was over so he could pick it up.

Not to start racial profiling... but I'm guessing this is parked in the vicinity of MLK Blvd... I knew a guy with a body shop in the area...ugly *** bright green seemed to be a popular color... cash customers, just don't look in the trunk... and sometimes the owner had to be given storage until his incarceration was over so he could pick it up.
It was close to the abandoned stadium in downtown Close to MLK blvd

Next time I am in Fumbuck County's local Walmart, I'll grab a pic of a crew cab, longbed, high jacked, diesel, heavy duty, dualie on....

O-ring tires. :BangHead:

Seems to be a variation/extension of this exaggerated type of ornamentation , which has now found its way onto cars:
mursi_trib_omovalley_ethiopia_etiopia_africa_protrait_mursiwoman-530520.jpg

The above post by @crv is patently racist and offensive.

I’m not seeing any humor of you posting a photo of an African woman with a lip plate, in comparison to “Donk” car customizations done by Americans and not Australians.

The above post by @crv is patently racist and offensive.

I’m not seeing any humor of you posting a photo of an African woman with a lip plate, in comparison to “Donk” car customizations done by Americans and not Australians.

What is racist about the term "exaggerated ornamentation" or using the analogy to personal ornamentation? Perhaps you needed a trigger warning but on this board we don't believe in coddling your mind. In case you didn't know this type of strange behaviour isn't restricted to any particular race.
tattoo-piercing-4_3182036k.jpg

Back