I just dont get it

It’s the context of previos posts and photo that I am referring to.

I well understand the adornment of the human being from a cultural /anthropological perspective.

In regards to you or anyone else needing to “Coddling my mind”?

Good luck.

I’m not “asking” for you or anyone else to agree with my opinion.

END

Last edited:
What is racist about the term "exaggerated ornamentation" or using the analogy to personal ornamentation? Perhaps you needed a trigger warning but on this board we don't believe in coddling your mind. In case you didn't know this type of strange behaviour isn't restricted to any particular race.
View attachment 260931

Ugh wait till doc starts posting his weird s#it in here

The above post by @crv is patently racist and offensive.

I’m not seeing any humor of you posting a photo of an African woman with a lip plate, in comparison to “Donk” car customizations done by Americans and not Australians.
Just bloody amazing how people are quick to judge, this is virtual signalling at its worst. I'm not after your 'like' either, just lighten up mate.

The above post by @crv is patently racist and offensive.
OK enough, I knowingly danced on the line, and didn't really want to see it crossed. I did have a fact base anecdote I chose to share, and yes it does have some racial overtones to it... it also deals with cultural mindset that isn't exclusive to only one race, but more aligns with gangs and drug dealers.

I didn't find @crv 's post to be racist except for the content I had also provided. I'm sorry you stepped into this...

In my world, as soon as any ethnic traits or customs come into conversation, you have to tip toe. That's a big part why I don't want my identity posted... too many folks are quick to label based on a comment that did not necessarily come from a hateful heart.

@Fury Pursuit , I don't believe anyone was trying to trigger you and I doubt an Aussie see's the same prejudices we've seen here... but I'm sure they have their own problems. I will apologize for opening the can of worms... but it wasn't hateful.

FWIW, the former Anderson Ave in Ft Myers is a main drag that ran right through some of the poorest and most crime ridden neighborhoods, when the name was changed, I heard it mentioned that that formula seemed to be the trend for naming a street after the man. I have found it to be true in every case I am aware of.

OK enough, I knowingly danced on the line, and didn't really want to see it crossed. I did have a fact base anecdote I chose to share, and yes it does have some racial overtones to it... it also deals with cultural mindset that isn't exclusive to only one race, but more aligns with gangs and drug dealers.

I didn't find @crv 's post to be racist except for the content I had also provided. I'm sorry you stepped into this...

In my world, as soon as any ethnic traits or customs come into conversation, you have to tip toe. That's a big part why I don't want my identity posted... too many folks are quick to label based on a comment that did not necessarily come from a hateful heart.

@Fury Pursuit , I don't believe anyone was trying to trigger you and I doubt an Aussie see's the same prejudices we've seen here... but I'm sure they have their own problems. I will apologize for opening the can of worms... but it wasn't hateful.

FWIW, the former Anderson Ave in Ft Myers is a main drag that ran right through some of the poorest and most crime ridden neighborhoods, when the name was changed, I heard it mentioned that that formula seemed to be the trend for naming a street after the man. I have found it to be true in every case I am aware of.
No need for apologies, this whole 'racist' thing is a joke. Bet that if I had posted a pic of a white person with body modifications, nobody would have cried wolf. Either way, I really don't give a stuff about thin skinned people and their own hateful agendas to silence everybody they perceive as 'racists'.

Back to the original question of "why do this?": Simplest answer isn't tied to any culture or race at all. It's a, "Hey! Look at me" thing. I believe this mindset is owned by no particular people, but rather common in anyone who feels marginalized or has nothing else to crow about. A lot of times, that happens to be inner city folks (yes, youg black men). But you see plenty of it in Appalachia, too!

Back