I just found this radiator cap, cheap too.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
here is a radiator cap with a temperature gauge in the top. I think that could be useful for some people when troubleshooting on the road.

radiator cap.jpg

Car 1.1 Bar Thermostatic Radiator Cap 16 PSI Pressure Rating Temperature Gauge | eBay

here is a radiator cap with a temperature gauge in the top. I think that could be useful for some people when troubleshooting on the road.

So would having a Thermo gun, and probably 100% more accurate then that.
I just see another worthless Made in Hong Kong POS that will probably break after it's first use if not before hand. I think I'll keep my $6 thank you.
Neat concept but I just don't see the practically in it, and what's with the goofy pressure thing? What's a 0.9, or 1.1, or 1.3 mean anyways, must be a Metric thing??

Unless you have an overflow tank it would just read the steam not the water temp correct?

I guess someone is trying to bring back an old idea from the 1920's. Well it has been almost 100 years.

Unless you have an overflow tank it would just read the steam not the water temp correct?

Years ago I was advised that the temp sensor reads coolant not from steam. That was told to me by a squad mechanic when the M bodies were blowing out the engine block freeze plug heaters and running the engines hot and junk.

1.1 BAR is European equivalent to your guy's PSI. The gauge is metric too, wouldn't have an issue with that, cause I know that water boils/starts evaporating at 100°C and freezes at 0°C.

Nothing like bursting a guys bubble.
I won't even mention I installed a cool view on the thermostat housing. Ha !

Back