I learned something today.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Chrysler had "four door pillered hardtops".
Thought I saw every bastardization of "hardtop" until this one.

10wnyu9.jpg

Well, at least you can't deny the top just isn't soft.

So Im looking at all the little pictures there, if i buy a Newport i get to have a wife with three kids and sit in a meadow constantly smiling? or is it the wife and two kids frolicking by the water? No no wait, its the sail boat sailing across a bay and a seagull flying over, oh hang on no the mistress in my arms looking out off a porch arm in arm, oh there's the explanation it says so quite clearly, "You can have it all" and the last picture a crowd of people sitting around a campfire getting high. Yes Newport does it all....

It was the only way you could get an R body. They had pillars like sedans, but no metal surrounding the door glass like on a hardtop....hence, pillared hardtop.

It is, but no worse than "Torqueflite, Sure Brake, Sure grip, TNT, Magnum" etc.

Sad thing, there are no BB versions of this car are there? (and 360's don't count -- you know who you are.)

No BB's in any car from 79 and up.
Been trying to find on Google for a long time one of these with a BB swap but have come up with zilch so far.
In these cars, I think I'd just just go with a monster SB and let it literally drop into place without all the BS. I'm tired of attempting the impossible.

Nothing a sledge hammer couldn't fix, just ask the Hurst "engineers" who developed the Hemi Dart Super Stock.

I seem to recall the show residing in a big city like NYC or maybe it was Chicago. Anyways it took place in some skanky part of some city here in the US.

Back