C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
IMG_7983.JPG
IMG_7984.JPG
IMG_7985.JPG
IMG_7986.JPG
IMG_7987.JPG
61 C10. It's rough. All the parts are in the barn & look good. Offer was accepted. I will try to pick it up Sunday afternoon.

I don't understand the desirability of that truck but I keep forgetting you can get everything new for that truck, too.

My buddy butch has a 63 C/10 stepside. I think its pretty badass. He upgraded the brakes to 5 bolt units out of a 71 C/10 to run decent aluminum slot mags on it, its got a 12 bolt rear under the back from the factory. Upgraded the rear axles to 5 bolt units too. Hot 350 and a muncie 4 speed.. its a really cool truck. Chrysler made lots of cool stuff, but not everything cool is a mopar.

60-62 used a torsion bar front suspension. Then went to coil springs and upper/lower A arms in 1963. The 63 up are more desirable only because that basic front end went up to 1972, and 5 bolt disc brakes became standard equipment in 1971, making it a bolt on retrofit along with power steering. The earlier trucks require a bit more work to upgrade the front end to coil springs to add discs. Lots of guys either clip the front with a camaro/nova subframe on the 60-62, or swap the frame out altogether for a 63 up frame.

Last edited:
Looks like it's sold already. 2 of my friends already msged me saying they want to buy it.

I like it too Bob... unfortunately, my cheap azz would only value it slightly more than those used weed eaters you got in the deal. I am glad you're finding a quick flip out of this one and I know those early 60's have a following.
:thumbsup:

Snore...

WHAT?! :wtf::confused:

:poke:
:D

I keep an open mind to cool stuff from other companies. I have my own little car collection like most of you do. Not all are mopars.

Not including the daily drivers my wife and i drive, My non mopars are a mustang GT fastback, and a 94 chevy silverado pickup. I also have a mopar redheaded stepchild FWD turbo intercooled 1988 daytona shelby Z .

To each their own, but I'd take a 60 to 66 chevy C/10 short wide any day of the week.

I keep an open mind to cool stuff from other companies. I have my own little car collection like most of you do. Not all are mopars.

Not including the daily drivers my wife and i drive, My non mopars are a mustang GT fastback, and a 94 chevy silverado pickup. I also have a mopar redheaded stepchild FWD turbo intercooled 1988 daytona shelby Z .

To each their own, but I'd take a 60 to 66 chevy C/10 short wide any day of the week.
You're right, there are some cool brand X cars, just bustin' your chops a little bit.:D
However, a small block Chevy fails to get me enthused in any way.

You're right, there are some cool brand X cars, just bustin' your chops a little bit.:D
However, a small block Chevy fails to get me enthused in any way.
I built a 350-350 back in 1992. I used a recipe that was in car craft back then. I put it in a 71 C/10 long bed. Used a muncie M-21, and a 12 bolt with 4.11s that thing was a lot of fun, other than that they really dont interest me that much.

Back