I need a fan shroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 66 polara and my new Yorker are steel. If you see plastic, it is for the 67 and newer. I only mentioned it in case you were wanting to stay original.

I may have one, Do you have your radiator?
The car is complete. Right now it has a plastic shroud, which I thought was original. It has a crack at the very top which is being held together by zip ties. IMG_0090.jpgIMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

tell me the number on the radiator, that will tell me the correct application, maybe some were plastic, I could be wrong as things changed quickly then.

I just looked at your pictures, there is no mopar number? after market radiator?

The correct one for my 68 R/T is a two piece metal one.

FWIW I have several old shrouds but can't tell you what they are for. Dad parted a few late 60's early 70's C bodies out well really just kept parts he thought he may need later down the road. They are all plastic

your 2579011 is for a 66 New Yorker 440, with a 26' inch radiator, it is plastic. Do you have a 26' inch opening on the Newport?
The 66 Polara and Monaco 383 A/C uses a 22' radiator, and a steel shroud, with a 22' opening.

your 2579011 is for a 66 New Yorker 440, with a 26' inch radiator, it is plastic. Do you have a 26' inch opening on the Newport?
The 66 Polara and Monaco 383 A/C uses a 22' radiator, and a steel shroud, with a 22' opening.

I presume welcome back is in order :)

absolutely boss! I posted on the b site with pictures, and a big thanks to Death wish, the car was even better than he described. Now the two 67's will have to be sold.

The Newport does have a 26 inch radiator. The car has been in my family since it was purchased in 1966. I am sure it is unmolested.

Maybe because Chryslers were upper end. if the opening is 26, then that is what it is. it will be easier to find a shroud, because then 66-69 26" shrouds are the same shape, although the number may change. I will look at all three years books to see if the number is the same.

Maybe because Chryslers were upper end. if the opening is 26, then that is what it is. it will be easier to find a shroud, because then 66-69 26" shrouds are the same shape, although the number may change. I will look at all three years books to see if the number is the same.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

NewportTM, there is a guy on Cbody dry dock that wanted to sell me his shroud for fifty bucks, It might work for you. His name is bboogieart. I couldn't load the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back