I need a new motor for my 60 fury

It is in San Diego Calif...
You are in New York......
900$ seems like a lot now add in crating and shipping...

there was a 318 with dual quads for sale back in like R.I. or somewhere just a week or two ago on the ol CL

He is not specific about what year the engine is. There are differences and not all polys are interchangeable.
Go to the forward look site, Category & forums listing - The Forward Look Network

There are folks there who can clue you in, and perhaps get a better deal.

The Canadian Polys had some differences from the USA-produced polys, from what I saw in an article on allpar.com a while back. Look like they should interchange, but didn't, the article noted.

The first time I saw a Poly 301 bare block, it made a Chevy 350 block look like "skimpy" by comparison. The Poly had noticeably thicker main webs, etc. Of course, heavier in weight, too.

CBODY67

318 poly. I'm either rebuilding or buying. Found this on fleabay. Not rebuilt but cleaned up while 'running strong' but never put back in car.

Is this a good idea?
Price look all right? A rebuild would have to be 3500-4000k anyway. MOPAR 318 Poly Engine COMPLETE - Polysphere A-Body Demon Duster Barracuda GTX | eBay

Putting this as nicely as I can. A fresh rattle can paint job does not make this engine worth $900.
A commercial grade rebuild of a 318 poly is worth about $2000 unless you are going for a lot of performance related upgrades, If so, you would be better off going to a big block to spend your money. That having been said, for the difference of $1100 I would rebuild my own engine and keep it correct for the car.

Dave

Don't the early engines with the cast iron Torqueflites have an extended crank flange that the torque converter bolts directly to?

Other than that I think any 318A or 318LA engine for that matter will interchange and the early crank if it is different should bolt into a later block.

Kevin

Don't the early engines with the cast iron Torqueflites have an extended crank flange that the torque converter bolts directly to?Kevin

The first aluminum case torqueflight was 1962. I'm pretty sure 62 and later engines are not compatable with the early polys. The difference being at the crankshaft flange.

With possible fitment issues, a real unknown on the condition of the motor and the difference (without shipping). Likely only a grand from a basic rebuild....

I have to agree it is still to easy to just rebuild what I got.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Back