1. Markus

Markus Member

I need a new windshield in my 67 Fury wagon, I have a windshield on the way but I can't find a gasket that accepts the chrome trim around it. Anybody have any experience with this?

2. FURYGT

FURYGT Senior Member

I am guessing that you did not remove the windshield or have not removed it yet. The gasket only seals the windshield to the body. It has nothing to do with the moldings around the windshield. The moldings attach to clips (see link) that screw into the channel that the windshield goes into. You may want to get a factory service manual for your Fury.

Chrysler Dodge Front Windshield Rear Window Reveal Trim Molding Clips 10pcs G | eBay

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. CBODY67

CBODY67 Senior Member

There were some GM pickup trucks where the molding stuck into a specific windshield or back glass rubber gasket, but the link provided indicates "molding clips" which were somewhat typical of those model years, gasketed windshields/back glass or glass installed with adhesive only. Typical of many years later, too, for most manufacturers.

The clips slide/latch onto installed "nubs" on the body. The molding "snaps" onto them. There is a tool to slide between the molding and glass to disengage the clips from the body, for molding removal. To reinstall the molding, snap the clips onto their nubs, then slide the molding over them, IN SEQUENCE so that those molding sections which slide into each other interface as they should. CAREFUL palm pressure usually works for the installation without dimpling the molding itself.

Should be a FSM at www.mymopar.com for download, if you don't desire or have a paper copy.

Enjoy!
    CBODY67