I think I just bought this...

Triple Pickle

Reaction score
77 New Yorker. The old feller is kinda confused but I think we made a deal.
I find out tomorrow.

F8F299C6-3270-4B31-A510-23B320D6311E.jpeg

EFCA3C06-B4EB-435C-B26A-8F470089500E.jpeg

021D4E15-7846-4BF1-A7E4-1834D94C05AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Let’s see how this first one goes. I’ve known this guy for 40yrs. He’s about 90 now, and kinda ,well, old.
I heard he had said he was gonna sell his New Yorkers. I remember him driving them back in the day. I hadn’t talked to him in years but he remembered me. He was skiddish about selling them at first but, he lit up suddenly and said,”this one would make you a good car”. He’s unsure about the keys or title but I got it pretty cheap.

"Lean Burn Be Gone" is a mantra I seem to remember...... couldn't WAIT to disconnect the one on my Diplomat........

"Lean Burn Be Gone" is a mantra I seem to remember...... couldn't WAIT to disconnect the one on my Diplomat........
Yeah, what a mess of wiring and useless gizmos. I never did understand what it actually accomplished. As I recall, it preformed no miracles as far as gas mileage went!

What is your plan?

All of them look pretty rough and doesn't appear to have been running in recent years.

What is your plan?

All of them look pretty rough and doesn't appear to have been running in recent years.
Plan? ain’t got no plan! Hopefully I’ll get them all. If it’s possible to get them running and moving, I’ll do it.
I’m guessing all but the white one are too far gone to restore..but, if nothing else I’ll line them up in the field and look at them.

Last edited:
This guy was a hardcore Mopar man back in the day. His garage is packed full of goodies. Including a Freon cooled Austin Healey with a Hemi that was stuff of legend around these parts. Complete Big block engines cover the floor. Two Little Red Express trucks are also close by. I’ll try to get pics tomorrow but he’s a little incoherent at times. He was always the friendliest, gentle man I’ve encountered. It is my loss that I haven’t kept in touch with him over the years.

interesting structure...maybe it's just a fancy kid's playhouse...seems out of place if it's a hunting perch.

CA885E36-1CCB-4877-A150-0A28D8360C81.jpeg

The reason why this thread is titled as it is, is that I want to talk to his wife or kids to see if they approve of the deal. He’s not as sharp as he used to be all of the time. I made him an offer on the silver car and he countered with an offer for a lesser amount because he said it was me and he knew I would put it back on the road.
I live within walking distance of him and haven’t spoke to him in years even though he helped me for nothing years ago. He should have shot me when I stepped on his property.
Then again he is much wiser than I will ever be.

Interior.., crammed full of who knows what. Note the kitchen sink faucet., no doubt the sink is in the trunk!

6799539C-C5A8-4B64-A6C9-D7B47BCC459F.jpeg

Back