I was on Car Talk radio today!

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FCBO Vendor
Reaction score
I had the distinct honor to join nationally-syndicated "American Car Classics" car talk radio on WAXE in Florida this week!!!

Screenshot_2019-12-20-15-49-51-1-1.png

The dynamic hosts -- Keith MacDonald (renowned automotive author), Todd Biron (Biron Classic Car Restorations), Kenny Scofield (engine builder of Dolphin Automotive) and Mike Caranno (a Florida car club president) -- were a total kick!

I had no idea what to expect as far as their questions went ahead of time but it was lively, a LOT of fun, a great opportunity to introduce the shop, and a memory that I'll cherish forever.

Of course I had to work in a plug for some forums I frequent ... because it's all of you who have made this shop a reality over the years.

The program is supposed to replay tomorrow, December 21, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time and again this Sunday from 6:00-7:00 p.m. Eastern if you care to listen in on your computer (or smart phone on the i❤radio app) at

https://www.iheart.com/live/waxe-1370-4788/

Click the Play button in the top banner.

It got a late start today after some technical difficulties (they ran last week's show at 5:00 instead lol) so I cannot be certain the replays will go as scheduled. It may also be on December 27 at 5:00 eastern but I'm not sure.

Screenshot_2019-12-20-18-48-16-1.png

Thanks for sharing in my "15 minutes"! Merry Christmas everyone!

That’s awesome, congrats! How’d they find you?

Its nice to have a celebrity in our midst, and to have you here.
Having the opportunity to promote yourself and your company on a national level is a huge accomplishment. Very nice!!
I'll tune in on Sunday.

Radio doesn’t do that car justice.
That’s a Mopar magazine cover right there.

That’s awesome, congrats! How’d they find you?

We met through Twitter Initially just a few weeks ago. It's been a wild experience for sure, much more fun than I expected.

Thank you all for your amazing support!!! I'd still be a paralegal if it wasn't for you guys.

The final repeat is tonight at 6:00 p.m. eastern time. (It may play again on the 27th but I'm not sure.)

Listen to WAXE 1370 Live - Vero's Talk Station | iHeartRadio

Click the Play icon at the top of the page at the appointed time; my segment starts about 14 minutes in.

Merry Christmas everybody!

I want to apologize to anyone who tuned in tonight hoping to hear the program.

It was a misfire once again (it was delayed by two hours on its premier night too) and did not run as scheduled.

Sorry I wasted your time.

I want to apologize to anyone who tuned in tonight hoping to hear the program.

It was a misfire once again (it was delayed by two hours on its premier night too) and did not run as scheduled.

Sorry I wasted your time.
Not your fault. Let us know if they plan to rebroadcast it in the future.

I'm confused, Car Talk? I thought Tom had passed?

:stop: :confused:
That’s the first thing I thought when I saw the title of this thread but quickly realized it wasn’t in reference to the great NPR show.

I got an email from Keith today, the main host. The station manager wants to "make amends" by running it a few times through the week at her discretion.

With two out of three scheduled airings not playing when they were supposed to, I didn't even ask about the dates and am not going to plug it any more at all.

At this point it's more professionally embarrassing than beneficial to the station, the hosts and the shop.

If you happen to catch one of the random runs, know in your heart that I appreciate it and value your support more than you can ever know.

Merry Christmas FBBO!!! I love you guys! ❤ Thanks for ALWAYS being here for me no matter what happens.

FB_IMG_1545720799995.jpg

I got an email from Keith today, the main host. The station manager wants to "make amends" by running it a few times through the week at her discretion.

With two out of three scheduled airings not playing when they were supposed to, I didn't even ask about the dates and am not going to plug it any more at all.

At this point it's more professionally embarrassing than beneficial to the station, the hosts and the shop.

If you happen to catch one of the random runs, know in your heart that I appreciate it and value your support more than you can ever know.

Merry Christmas FCBO!!! ❤ Thanks for being here with me on the rough roads too.
FB_IMG_1545720799995.jpg

Back