I wonder how the new kid feels?

stubs300

Reaction score
After we trashed the mess out of his ad and him coppin a attitude about his lame duck ad? I take my hat off to all of you that participated in it, thanks!

I think it was quite disgraceful, childish and served no useful purpose.

I have been away for a couple years and recently return to the board. But have to say I was not impressed with the way the member(s) were treating this person, sure he didn't follow the ad "rules" to the letter but I think the way he got treated was uncalled for.

I agree, but wasn't it fun?

No, not at all. I find no amusement from bullying or berating people. I have no idea why you would want to.

Would you like it if the situation was reversed? Perhaps some self reflection is in order.

I agree, but wasn't it fun?

Precisely the type of input/behavior that has caused me to throttle back from contributing to this site in general. Small, angry, and cruel seem to be a recurring theme throughout.

Thank you both for your responses:
I have been away for a couple years and recently return to the board. But have to say I was not impressed with the way the member(s) were treating this person, sure he didn't follow the ad "rules" to the letter but I think the way he got treated was uncalled for.

No, not at all. I find no amusement from bullying or berating people. I have no idea why you would want to.

Would you like it if the situation was reversed? Perhaps some self reflection is in order.

Turning the screw in the America thread was entertaining, had everyone scratching their heads.

Then I decided to return to what my parents taught me:

If you can't say anything nice or decent, don't say anything at all.

Everything seems brighter since I made that decision.

I've never been able to fully understand how someone with the ability/means to collect a classic car or cars can find so much to complain about.

I try to go toward the light.

John

No idea what happened i'm totally ignoring the threads i don't visit

Precisely the type of input/behavior that has caused me to throttle back
A more accurate representation is that you turned tail being unable to engage in meaningful debate.
Turning the screw in the America thread was entertaining, had everyone scratching their heads.
Don't flatter yourself. Most of us had you well pegged as suffering terminal TDS incapable of engaging in a consequential discussion.
If you can't say anything nice or decent, don't say anything at all.
Too bad you are unable to follow that advice as evidenced by most of your posts on the America thread.
I try to go toward the light.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

NO! Not to be a schmuck but come on! It's like.
HEY- I got some bolts for sale, $30.
Really? You accept this type of 4 Sale ad's? Fine? Whatever people?
I see! Old Farts that don't like following the rules, but yet will call out those that like a little Professionalism that Joey tried to set a standard for?
Think about it! Nite.

A more accurate representation is that you turned tail being unable to engage in meaningful debate.

Don't flatter yourself. Most of us had you well pegged as suffering terminal TDS incapable of engaging in a consequential discussion.

Too bad you are unable to follow that advice as evidenced by most of your posts on the America thread.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

WOW! I didn't mean to help piss in someone's Wheaties's over something , regardless of subject?

NO! Not to be a schmuck but come on! It's like.
HEY- I got some bolts for sale, $30.
Really? You accept this type of 4 Sale ad's? Fine? Whatever people?
I see! Old Farts that don't like following the rules, but yet will call out those that like a little Professionalism that Joey tried to set a standard for?
Think about it! Nite.

If the ad is really that vague then there are a lot more diplomatic ways to inform the "New Guy" about proper ad etiquette. Attacking and ridiculing an individual because they made a mistake, or were ignorant of proper form is not the way to help, regardless if the proper form and/or etiquette is posted, listed and explained in the forum.

I know myself and sure many others as well, don't always take the time to read all the instructions and to-do's, so we should be a little more forgiving if someone else happens to fall a little short.

I thought it was a bit harsh, but I agreed with your point, but politely told him how to improve it, not bash him. I like members staying here, not leaving the site.

Back