Ideas For Stereo

65Fury440

Reaction score
I want to get an AM.FM CD dash unit with twin knobs to fit my original openings.
Been searching around Ebay, really pricey is all I've seen.
Any suggestions on a good source?

leave the stock unit alone in place, and put an aftermarket under the dash or somewhere. removable face deck JVC.
pioneer 6x9 400 watts for the rear deck.
pioneer 5" or 6" rounds for the fronts or door panels.
crunch 1000.4 amp.
fosgate 300w 12" sealed box.

try not to blow out your windows -

- saylor

Not cheap, but this would be using the stock radio.

http://garytayman.com/stereo.htm

Wow that is way cool!! Pricey, but still, I never heard of that service, nice! My AM actually works, the dash speaker hadn't had paper in it in a long time, I tossed it a couple years ago.

leave the stock unit alone in place, and put an aftermarket under the dash or somewhere. removable face deck JVC.
pioneer 6x9 400 watts for the rear deck.
pioneer 5" or 6" rounds for the fronts or door panels.
crunch 1000.4 amp.
fosgate 300w 12" sealed box.

try not to blow out your windows -

- saylor
try not to blow out your windows -:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I really want to lose the heavy stock radio as I whittle away weight. I suppose I could make a radio block off plate. I have a nice JVC unit with a remote that could go in the glove box.

I am with you up until the amp and sub. This is mostly for the wife unit, she likes rock and oldies.

Frankly other than my AM radio that is in my 69 440 that I rarely listen too my favorite Stereo is the sound of the dual exhausts out of my 440.

I have read good reports on the garytayman though.

Last edited:
I prefer a portable unit that I can take with me ............

boombox.jpg

My radio doesn't work. I'll feel perfectly fine about that once my engine does work.

Wow nice! Your gonna need a big stereo for that bad girl.

Back