Identifying 65 Sport Fury P/S pump

FFGREG

Reaction score
I have a part # 2537955 Federal power steering pump that I just purchased and wanted to know if it is correct for my 65 Sport Fury big block car? (383) I am scheduling an appointment to have it installed and want to be sure I am giving the mechanic the correct part. Thanks, Greg [email protected]

Good luck. I spent a great deal of time researching this because of a leak in my power steering pump on my 65/383. They are not marked and many of the pumps look the same. Bottom line, if it fits the brackets, fluid lines and pulley, everything should be fine. I installed new O rings and solved my problem which had a bad leak. Good luck.

Good luck. I spent a great deal of time researching this because of a leak in my power steering pump on my 65/383. They are not marked and many of the pumps look the same. Bottom line, if it fits the brackets, fluid lines and pulley, everything should be fine. I installed new O rings and solved my problem which had a bad leak. Good luck.
Thanks much, I have the correct replacement, as the numbers on the casting are the same as the one installed on mine. Thanks for answering!

How do you remove the reservoir without ruining the metal? I have the seal kit but the reservoir metal seems too flimsy to pry off.

pump.PNG

The part number you listed may very well work, it might be a superceded part number. Measure the pump diameter, and also compare where the bolt holes are. It wouldn't hurt to compare the pulley fits too(if your new pump didn't come with a pulley. If it all looks the same, it should work, but that isn't a guarantee.

View attachment 279791
The part number you listed may very well work, it might be a superceded part number. Measure the pump diameter, and also compare where the bolt holes are. It wouldn't hurt to compare the pulley fits too(if your new pump didn't come with a pulley. If it all looks the same, it should work, but that isn't a guarantee.

Yes, I looked at my p/s pump that's on the car, same casting number, same mounting. Thanks for getting back to me, Getting Ol Sarge out today for a drive in Wi. Cheers, Greg

Back