Identifying metal trim on '64 New Yorker

Keldon59

Reaction score
Hi folks, can someone tell me what the trim adjacent to the fuel tank door on a 1964 New Yorker is? Pot Metal, cast aluminum, or stainless? mine has some severe pitting so I'm thinking pot metal but I would like to know for sure before I order some Muggy Weld. Thanks

Hi folks, can someone tell me what the trim adjacent to the fuel tank door on a 1964 New Yorker is? Pot Metal, cast aluminum, or stainless? mine has some severe pitting so I'm thinking pot metal but I would like to know for sure before I order some Muggy Weld. Thanks
To my recollection the fuel door piece and the pieces to each side are chrome pot metal. The 2 thin pieces of trim that go around the back and accent
the bumper ends are stainless. The little pieces under the tail lights are pot metal.

To my recollection the fuel door piece and the pieces to each side are chrome pot metal. The 2 thin pieces of trim that go around the back and accent
the bumper ends are stainless. The little pieces under the tail lights are pot metal.
Thanks a ton Lee, thats as I suspected again thanks for confirming : )

Back