Idler Arm Bolt Size

RGORHAM29

Reaction score
Hi all. Installing new idler arm to a 68 Plym Fury stub frame. It is off the car and will replace existing. Misplace bolts from last year. Anyone know correct bolt size/thread? Thx

427583A6-86C7-4A43-BB39-DBA4AD81F845.jpeg
31538182-E9CE-4BC3-BE8D-EAE48067CC1A.jpeg

Grade 5, 9/16" x 4" long with NFC threads. Note that this is a specialty bolt that needs to have a castle nut with a cotter key, so the end needs to be drilled to accept the key. Factory bolt has a 7/8" castle and a 13/16" bolt head. Try to find a quality US made replacement as the china crap is all over the map as far as the strength of their bolts is concerned, or scavenge one from a salvage yard. Also be sure to torque per the factory specs.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I dragged the fury out of the garage And measured the one currently on the fury - you were spot on. I will look for one at a local bone yard. They have a 67 rusting away there. New question however. Using a temp bolt to hold things in position at the moment...how does the 4”bolt actually insert? See pic. It appears that I will have interference w the motor mount. Sorry for the sun glare.
image.jpg

Thanks Dave. I dragged the fury out of the garage And measured the one currently on the fury - you were spot on. I will look for one at a local bone yard. They have a 67 rusting away there. New question however. Using a temp bolt to hold things in position at the moment...how does the 4”bolt actually insert? See pic. It appears that I will have interference w the motor mount. Sorry for the sun glare.View attachment 450750

Never mind- bolt inserts from bottom- just like in the FSM and on my Fury.

Back