If I ever...

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
If I ever get the person that parked their car with a for sale sign and their phone number as well as placing an ad on craigslist to call me back, I'm going on the most epic rant ever. I can't throw money on the dashboard and have the F'in thing follow me home if you don't answer or return calls. Super frustrated. Why? Why do they even bother to put the f'in thing up for sale?

I don't get it. I sold the truck in a day. The blown up truck for that matter. All I had to do was respond to the person calling. Aint hard.

I want to know can I buy the f'in thing.. I have the cash need the car to get the kid to and from his practices every night. Wasn't intending to daily the Monaco (80-90miles every day) if i don't have to.

I find people today lackadaisical, with no sense of expediency. The seller will eventually get back to you and will act surprised that you either have lost interest or purchased something else.

Last week I contacted a guy on Facebook Marketplace selling a old parking meter for $10. I messaged them and said I'd take it. It was about 30 miles away. He said he would be available on Friday. I told him that I would be there that day at the agreed upon time, I got there and no one home so I messaged him. About an hour later he told me he sold it. :mad:

Last week I contacted a guy on Facebook Marketplace selling a old parking meter for $10. I messaged them and said I'd take it. It was about 30 miles away. He said he would be available on Friday. I told him that I would be there that day at the agreed upon time, I got there and no one home so I messaged him. About an hour later he told me he sold it. :mad:
That is what I hate the most. Yes, I understand it is yours to do what you want with it, but if you sell it before I got there, and you know I am coming, at least call me and tell me you sold it .

Post the ad here. We'll all call day and night and drive the guy crazy....or at least fill up his voicemail.

I love when I post stuff on Faceplant Marketplace and some one says "interested" but never follows up with another comment. As for Craigsh**t, that's nothing more than a fantasy land of crap that's not really for sale, or Russian hackers wanting to "send my guy over with a check to pick it up". I miss the days of newspaper ads with nothing more than "1970 Challenger, $3500" and a phone number. Yeah there were some deadbeats, but 99% of the time there was a person and a car on the other end of the line.

I
Post the ad here. We'll all call day and night and drive the guy crazy....or at least fill up his voicemail.

I love when I post stuff on Faceplant Marketplace and some one says "interested" but never follows up with another comment. As for Craigsh**t, that's nothing more than a fantasy land of crap that's not really for sale, or Russian hackers wanting to "send my guy over with a check to pick it up". I miss the days of newspaper ads with nothing more than "1970 Challenger, $3500" and a phone number. Yeah there were some deadbeats, but 99% of the time there was a person and a car on the other end of the line.

I sold my Ram Friday on craigslist in about 5 hours. Picked up the damned phone and answered the guy. He turned around and made the 40 mile trip back from where he was earlier in the day just to see it. I guess I'm the oddity nowadays

I

I sold my Ram Friday on craigslist in about 5 hours. Picked up the damned phone and answered the guy. He turned around and made the 40 mile trip back from where he was earlier in the day just to see it. I guess I'm the oddity nowadays
I always use the phone method, first person to call usually buys whatever it is I'm selling.

If I ever get the person that parked their car with a for sale sign and their phone number as well as placing an ad on craigslist to call me back, I'm going on the most epic rant ever. I can't throw money on the dashboard and have the F'in thing follow me home if you don't answer or return calls. Super frustrated. Why? Why do they even bother to put the f'in thing up for sale?

I don't get it. I sold the truck in a day. The blown up truck for that matter. All I had to do was respond to the person calling. Aint hard.
That seems to be standard operating procedure for Craigslist.

You should of seen me trying to sell the majority of my tools. Over the years I had built up quite a few sets, just got tired of collecting up what I thought I needed from the shop SnapOn box for the weekend work, only to forget something. It wasn't much of a problem way back in the early 70's when I had keys to the shop and shop was only 2 miles away as the crow fly's.
But the John Deere dealer I work for in the 80's was much bigger of a shop and had alarms and such, still was only a 10 minute drive away. And since I lived the closest I didn't want to be the one getting the call at stupid am o'clock if the alarm goes off like my buddy had to do for the Alfa/Ferrari dealer he worked at.

I had all the price books for SnapOn, Sears Catalogs, Proto, etc. And one of my first Microsoft Excel projects was to inventory the main lot that I needed to get rid of on one of my first Mac computers. It came to just over 20 grand, printed out all the sheets and laid out all the loose stuff that wouldn't fit in the SnapOn box for someone too do a quick inventory check, even eventually sweetened the deal with <ahem> brand new Craftsman 'Returns' to the tune of $480.00. heh I did it in one shot too, you should of seen how long that receipt was. Didn't faze the sales clerk either.

No Internet back then had to advertise it in the Buy & Sell $1.00 rag but it was about the time used tool stores were making a appearance and I got plenty of time wasters come over offering $100 to haul it all away, even think one store sent over his partner or minions just to bust my chops. I let it go for awhile and re-ran the Ad, BINGO! Nice guy comes by looks over the inventory sheet, didn't really check too much, I pull out the Sears receipt, (it was 'bout a yard long) which I had those tools in it's own spot on the floor. Pays me the ad price no haggle then he looks at me as to how he's going to get the SnapOn boxes into his van. I open the drawer with the SnapOn metal shims to release the drawer slider locks, and show him how to remove each drawer with the contents intact, put empty box in van, put drawers back in box and lock'em up. Off he goes!

It's a crap shoot I tell ya, PK21 #2 with the 440 6bbl ad was only up for 3 days and I get a call, guy comes in the dead of night, looks it over I guess to check the numbers, hears it run, BANG! SOLD. The 6bbl setup was in the trunk and I suggested he get a flatbed to tow it as the stub frame was completely cracked/broken and from the amount of miles he said where he was from, well lets just say I told him it'll be a struggle. He slapped a tag on it and I never heard a word.

Comic Book collectors are real ball busters I tell ya too. (got a funny story 'bout dat)
:lol:

Feel your pain brother. Sometimes it does work in your favor though.

Here in car mad SoCal it’s pretty competitive so a hard to meet seller can be a good thing. I tried to and finally did buy my `69 convertible at a great price because it took 6 weeks a hundred phone calls and 4 tries to meet up. While we were doing the deal I had to ask “so how many people came to see the Fury???” He laughed and said you’re the only one of hundreds who made it through my web. I guess he really didn’t want to let it go but I fought through it and wore him down.

D2B0B468-B057-4EFD-A7E3-7DEDFA439F6A.jpeg

They say the fun is in the hunt. So this must’ve been the most fun I’ve ever had in my entire life Lol!!!!

Mine was posted here and Allpar.
Bought by a Mopar guy from a Mopar guy.
Made everything go smoothly.
C4126D56-70A5-421E-BC79-6D497D223DE6.jpeg

Big Orange Rig delivered it.

Last summer I found a 73 Polara Custom 4dr hardtop (triple pickle) with not one but three for sale signs. You would think at least one could of had a phone number on it, but no.

3 messages, the car still sits... Nothing. **** this guy.

I'd go back and knock on doors till you found him an play a super dumb tire kicker and lowball the hell out of him. Early Sunday morning would be best, get him in a hung over state ya'kno.

:lol:

I have a friend who has been trying to buy an old Bronco....same thing as OP's issues, posted on-line, and renewed monthly, and a phone number. We have both called and left messages and sent messages through the on-line ad...just crazy that they do not respond.

Back