I'm A NEWBIE TO THE SITE

MAXWEDGECHAR

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys; I'm a Newbie to the site but not to C Bodies. And yes I have a real '63 Sport Fury Factory Max now. My first C Body was a '59 Sport Suburban, red and white like the car in the literature. Golden Commando 361, TF, 3.31 gears, air suspension, power windows and Mirrormatic. My parents let a 16 year old out on the public roads with 305 Horsepower! '61 Phoenix convertible, '59 Desoto Fireflite, '64 New Yorker wagon, '69 Fury III hardtop, '70 and '71 T&C wagons and last but not least a '77 Newport 4 door hardtop big enough to land planes! Unfortunately they are all gone. Charlie

Welcome! Sweet cars. I would love to see the 426 car!

Welcome to the site Charlie......... you and I are about ten miles apart .:welcome:

Ambassadore; The'70 was a total turd. Probably THE worst car bar none I have ever owned. Everything that went wrong with Fusies went wrong on mine. From the trashy Holley on the 440 to all the bits and pieces that would turn to crap after 10 years., And it had cancer in the left side windshield post! It was the only car licensed, running, inspected and insured that I drove into the garage and took it apart. The '71 was a beautiful car. Low miles, no rot, everything worked and I drove it head on into a Lincoln Mark V!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

For those curious:
Img00017.JPG
Img00002.jpg

Img00017.JPG

Img00002.jpg

Real quick so you don't need to ask; Not numbers matching but correct 426, 13 1/2 compression, locked out TF, 4.88 gears, fenderwell headers, 3705 carbs, copper and black interior, 1 of almost 1200 '63 Max Wedge Plymouths, 1 of 234 Sport Fury hardtops, 1 of 106 11 1/2, TF, 1 of 7 built exactly alike.

detmatt; They made the interior literally 100 yards from where now he sits but, yeah, he was built in Detroit!

By the way Charlie, to reply to people directly you can use the "reply with quote" button at the bottom of their post. It makes the thread easier to follow. Oh, and you have a gorgeous car.

Hello from Minnesota. Heck of a nice car! And quite the Mopar resume you have.

Back