I'm not a metal man but...

OldWarHorse300

Active Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2018
Messages
355
Reaction score
911
Location
Finland, Europe
Doors repaired, passenger side was easy but drivers side needs more work. There was some dent so the metal was stretched. Also repairing rear tail lights housing. Sandblasted, painted and now need to screw threads (surprise, surprise..).
First drilled old bad threads away and then glued in new stainless steel inserts .
Regards
Mika

20211226_182846.jpg


20211226_182852.jpg


20220108_134903.jpg


20220108_134416.jpg


20211219_172008.jpg


20211221_065611.jpg


20220121_193952.jpg


20220121_194057.jpg
 

OldWarHorse300

Active Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2018
Messages
355
Reaction score
911
Location
Finland, Europe
A little side project for a change, DIY thumbler.
Motor from local "graigslist " ( new, 350 wats, 3 phase) , some springs and parts here and there and seams it works quite ok. I tried a few media but crushed steel works well . First cleaning with thumbler and then helping with blasting cabinet and fine steel beads and then back to thumbler for a while and now they are ready for zinc plating. Working also as a spray can shaker!
Have a nice weekend everyone,
Regards
Mika

20220203_182851.jpg


20220203_195548.jpg


20220223_190720.jpg


20220223_190002.jpg


20220225_194127.jpg


20220225_212104.jpg


20220225_212524.jpg


20220223_191354.jpg
 

OldWarHorse300

Active Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2018
Messages
355
Reaction score
911
Location
Finland, Europe
Your tumbler looks amazing! Could you show more details, please? Thanks. Lindsay

Thanks Lindsay! It will probably work even better with bigger washbasin but then inner part must be bigger also, this is still in prototype stage:)
It's very "staple " it stays in one place on the floor.
Motor is 1340 rpm/50 hertz but I already have inverter for it. With inverter I can overdrive it up to 90 hertz , so then rpm's should be around 2300-2400 (I don't know about electric but friend of mine work with robotics and he gave me this inverter). Motor was new but only 40 euros!
Plywood is 40×40 centimeter and threatened rod 24 mm, piece of plastic tube between rod and spring.
Unbalance is made with gear wheel where I removed teeth and added long 12mm nut where I can load more weight. Hope this helps..

20220226_080009.jpg


20220226_080029.jpg


20220226_080104.jpg


20220226_080146.jpg
 
Last edited:

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Joined
Nov 24, 2014
Messages
11,962
Reaction score
7,969
Location
Rockland; Venango County Pennsylvania
I saw where a guy took a small DA sander removed the pad and screwed a pan to it. When he needs to use it he clamps it to his bench and turns it on and walks away. He used kitty litter of all things for the media. It worked.
 

OldWarHorse300

Active Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2018
Messages
355
Reaction score
911
Location
Finland, Europe
An other set of parts painted. Front inner fenders sprayed with 2 coats of epoxy and then outside with Noxudol and then semi gloss Pu. Other parts same but obviously without Noxudol..
Regards,
Mika

20220125_181015.jpg


20220122_134020.jpg


20220123_130352.jpg


20211212_140554.jpg


20211214_163123.jpg


20220112_164505.jpg


20220122_145203.jpg


20220307_174155.jpg


20220308_070508.jpg


20220308_070757.jpg
 

75LandYacht

Yank Tank
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
5,598
Reaction score
5,777
Location
Westchester NY

OldWarHorse300

Active Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2018
Messages
355
Reaction score
911
Location
Finland, Europe
Some small stuff done. Rear spring shackle needed repairing, one pin bolt was badly rushed so it needed to replaced. Also the antenna checked,serviced, cleaned and painted with zinc primer and top coat. Surprise, antenna was like a new when opened.
Regards
Mika

20220325_181328.jpg


20220325_185154.jpg


20220325_194059.jpg


20220402_194344.jpg


20220411_190534.jpg


20220414_191849.jpg


20220417_192644.jpg
 

OldWarHorse300

Active Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2018
Messages
355
Reaction score
911
Location
Finland, Europe
Some progress made, the roof almost ready for paint. Rear window filler in place, first filled with " lead substitute " ,then fiber glass filler and regular polyester filler. Testing first time Evercoat Lite CV and it wasn't easiest to spread but very easy to sand. Also testing Mirka's Iridium sanding paper first time, I sanded the roof with ONE sheet of paper!! Very aggressive and long lasting sanding paper, but hey, made in Finland!! ( this isn't commercial....) Main " sanding weapons in this battle " was
Mirka's adjustable sanding tool and home made "linear blocking" tool. Now waiting for primer and good coat of top coat and vinyl.
Have a nice weekend everyone,

Mika

20220429_192518.jpg


20220502_194507.jpg


20220507_181857.jpg


20220507_182843.jpg


20220507_190124.jpg


20220507_190429.jpg
 
Last edited:
Top