I'm officially on the list

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I now have until the end of January to get the car painted. I have a spot on the upholsters list. I can float to the end of February if I need to after that he is booked until June.

I feel this is a doable time frame for me. I am staying with the factory colors of tan vinyl and an antique gold carpet with the black "pinpoint " top.

Sweet, look at you, getting her done. I am jealous and glad to see you keeping the original colors

That's a quick pace. Please post pictures as your build progresses.

Or you will be before the council... :glasses1: :glasses1: :glasses1: :glasses1: :glasses1:

That's a pretty tight window for paint. Have you talked with any body shops or are you planning to shoot the car yourself? I recommend pulling the drivetrain so you can properly paint and detail the engine compartment. The devil is in the details!

That's a pretty tight window for paint. Have you talked with any body shops or are you planning to shoot the car yourself? I recommend pulling the drivetrain so you can properly paint and detail the engine compartment. The devil is in the details!

I will prep it all out and may of may not spray it myself. I have painted a few cars over the years. The engine compartment won't get done until next year and I will definiately spray that myself. I will buy enough product this year to do that.

I was lucky on my MGB I didn't do the engine compartment until 7 years after I did the body, and the paint still worked like it was brand new. I won't push my luck this time.

I will take lots of pictures. I have already probably taken 100 plus.

It's not Mopar but some of you might be interested. This is a journal I kept on my MGB. This is near the middle when I was doing the engine bay.
http://www.mgexperience.net/journal/Zymurgy&jsort=0&PageID=6

Last edited:
Go for it.....

Thats the kind of pace I like. Just dig in and get it done.

:yourock:
The worst thing is trying to make the folks you hire for services understand that this is not a "when I get around to it" situation. Every time a quick cash job comes up your project gets set back another week.
The guy who did my metal work for me took almost 4 months.... drove me crazy...! The painter had my car for week before I finally went over and started working on it.... Then he kinda joined in.
I'm happy though.... My goal for a year was to drive the car to Daytona Beach for Thanksgiving, (Turkey Run)..... We leave next Tuesday and the 300 is ready to rock & roll.

Good luck with your 300 and don't tell em "take your time"

Thats the kind of pace I like. Just dig in and get it done.

:yourock:
The worst thing is trying to make the folks you hire for services understand that this is not a "when I get around to it" situation. Every time a quick cash job comes up your project gets set back another week.
The guy who did my metal work for me took almost 4 months.... drove me crazy...! The painter had my car for week before I finally went over and started working on it.... Then he kinda joined in.
I'm happy though.... My goal for a year was to drive the car to Daytona Beach for Thanksgiving, (Turkey Run)..... We leave next Tuesday and the 300 is ready to rock & roll.

Good luck with your 300 and don't tell em "take your time"

Sounds like a great road trip and thanks for the advice.

I think the pace, sequence, and timeline should be along the lines that Chris posted a day or so ago. Rushing the process just causes mistakes and temptation to cut corners.

Restoration.....

It seemed like days for Wills car to get done. He is an inspiration

Thanks Dave.
:eek:ccasion14:
What those photos of the reassembly process didn't show was all the blood, sweat & tears involved with the initial dissassembly.... clean up.... communications for parts.... and attention paid to each individual componant.
It took as long for me to buff/polish the stainless on my 300 as it did to reassemble the car. I treated it as a job and worked for almost a year. And I didn't have any real mechanical issues.... mostly cosmetic.

It's a labor of love though and I will do it again.

Damn I should start polishing the trim on the white convertible, one piece at a time. Perhaps I could get it done by July 2025

I should put my McPherson struts together and sit here.

Back