Im sure this ?? has been asked alot!! reply anyway:]

myforty

Reaction score
What will it take to swap out my 318 for a 360? My car 67 fury lll 2dr hardtop. Whats the best year of 360? Can i still use the 3 speed on the tree that i have? Motor mounts? Assume that i am a Mopar virgin " you'd be right" :] Any input you have would be appreciated. trying to do a budget build stock 360 plus cam, machined heads, intake, 4bbl, exhaust what do u think? thank you, Will add pics as soon as i figure out how to make them smaller. Car does have 90k original miles minnimal rust and picked her up for $1000 bucks runs and drives.

Also for those of you that asked about my new born baby girl. Her name is London and she bis 8lbs. 20 inches long and fuc**ng beautiful. Man its great being a dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sSig_thankyou:

you can use the three on the tree, just need the 360 flywheel because a 360 is externally balanced motor mounts are the same. there were plenty of 360's that came with four barrel manifolds. the e58 360 is probably the best they came in aspen rt's ,volare road runners, and police cars

Hi there, we swaped our 318 for a 360, my engine builder told me to get a 72 block, as he said they were the thickest casting and very safe to bore +.060. I dont know for shure if thats true, but he only builds mopar, and our 360 is very strong.

The 360 will have more torque and I am not sure if the 3 on the tree will hold up to it.

My only concern is the 3 on tha tree being able to hold up. Does anyone happen to know what model the 3 speeds are?

it is an a 745. the trans will hold up. just because its not a four speed doesn't make it weak. the weak point like every three on the tree is the shifter linkage make sure the bushing are in good shape and adjusted properly. if you think your going to bang gears like a floor mounted shifter think again. the colum shifter will always bind up

Hi there, we swaped our 318 for a 360, my engine builder told me to get a 72 block, as he said they were the thickest casting and very safe to bore +.060. I dont know for shure if thats true, but he only builds mopar, and our 360 is very strong.

I always heard the 71's and 2's are the best 360's to have.

Back