Imp Seats in a Fury

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have come across a set of front bucket seats from a 1970 Imperial LeBaron for a good price.They need to be recovered which will be very expensive.Would it be sacrilegious to put these in my 1970 Fury or are they of more value in the Imperial world?

DSCF5168.JPG

imperial lebaron seats.jpg

imp seats.JPG

definitely 1 of the nicer seat designs imo.
its your money, if you want to spend the thousands it will take to redo them in leather, go ahead.
or get em done in cloth or supple vinyl and save some $
you have to decide if its worth it to you or not
sacrilegious ? its just a car seat.

and bear in mind that your back seat will really stand out because of not matching.
unless you get it recovered to look similar

( i have thought of this already, i have a set of 70 imp buckets and back seat that will be going into my 70 300 convert when i have a spare 5k to redo them )

post pics of what you do

Thanks guys,
They are very cool seats and really have a 1970's vibe to them.Also cool that they came in the 300 Hurst. I would do them in vinyl but the color and back seat are up in the air.The chances of finding a matching back seat close enough to Maine is pretty slim. I'm doing a ton of mechanical work this fall and winter.I have to decide if I want to change the color this summer so I can paint the engine bay the correct color.The gold car with the white top intrigues me a lot....would be a great combo for my vert!:poke:

Last edited:
Does anyone know if a 1970 Imp back seat will fit in a 1970 Fury?

I am going to start searching for the correct back seat.Would anybody going to Carlisle mind keeping a look out for me?

Back