Imperial and wine...

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Took the convertible to a show Saturday afternoon at a winery/wedding venue. Perfect temperature outside. Wine-tasting, food trucks, live music, lots of door prizes. The show was to mark the OKC Bombing Marathon, and raised money for the related charity. A nice 100-mile roundtrip. Crazy windy out! The Imperial doesn't like crosswinds. Handles like a pickup with a camper with 35-45 mph winds!

There were maybe a hundred cars and nearly 700 motorcycles. And I took zero pics.

Glad you still have the Imperial. Did you decide to keep any of the other cars? (Read your rant on the subject a few years back. Getting under cars is tougher for me too.)

Yup, still have them all. My son picked up a 1987 GMC Sierra Grande that has proven to be a bit more work than he planned. We found a steering column and a complete headlight harness in a truck two hours away, and that is his current focus. He also replaced the headlight switch and pigtail, as the switch was burnt up and two wires on the pigtail had melted, due to the previous owner's "improvements".

Far as mine go, I need to get the Imperial aligned and adjust the brakes. It's running beautifully! Once the alignment is set, I'd happily drive that anywhere! It gets an honest 16-18 mpg on the highway

I still have all of mine too. They're easy to buy, but hard to sell. Not that they wouldn't sell. I just can't get myself to sell any of them. People ask and I keep replying: not for sale.

Back