Improvised cowl / cabin filter?

BluegrassDan

Reaction score
My 67 Newport gets a lot of leaves and dust blowing in from the floor vents and sometimes the heater box. Has anyone devised a way to improvise a cabin / cowl filter?

If not, I’m gonna try.

This is kit I bought to put one on an 08 Grand Cherokee. Can't say if it would work for you, or even if you can still get them, give you somewhere to start. Whatever you do though will be under the cowl, I'm not sure how hard or easy pulling that off to change or clean a filter Good Luck.

IMG_7758.jpg
IMG_7759.jpg
IMG_7760.jpg

Last edited:
I just stuck some plastified insect screen/ wire netting between the cowl openings and the cowl netting.
Cost me less than a buck and works just fine :thumbsup:

Since you already seem to be doing interior work have you taken the time to simply clean out the cow area? It's very likely this has never been done and you have a bunch of crap in there that will lead to rust issues eventually.

At least the outer cowl panel has slots in it to keep the big stuff out! Adding some wire mesh under it would probably work pretty well, as long as you did a quality install job on it, even with some satin black paint on the netting. Make sure the water drains are open too!

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back