Impster - the big&white

Today`s plan includes installing the fan shroud and removing some of the rust spots. Before/after pics coming in the evening.

Last edited:
Enjoy! These are taken before...

Progress 003.jpg

Progress 005.jpg

Progress 006.jpg

Progress 007.jpg

Progress 010.jpg

Progress 011.jpg

Progress 012.jpg

...and these after today´s session in the garage. The fan shroud was left uninstalled because we thought that the lower radiator hose has to be replaced. There`s no any big, but little things to do while not cruising around.

Progress 013.jpg

Progress 016.jpg

Progress 019.jpg

We´ll make a visit to South West Trade next Wednesday to gather more parts.

Today I got only the lower radiator hose, all others have to be ordered from other vendors. I have yet to meet a seller, who believes that a 73 Imperial really has 5x5 bolt pattern after saying it once...

Tomorrow is free, so we´ll go to the garage. There´s nothing better to do when it´s the 101th Independence Day of Finland.:poke:

Today the rear quarters got some paint, we installed the fan shroud (only almost, no correct nuts were found), changed the lower radiator hose. I took the backup lamp assembly just to see, if there a reason for melting of the right lower corner. Here´s also the brake master cylinder and booster in one pic.

Imp 005.JPG

Imp 008.JPG

Imp 013.JPG

Before getting the parts back together, the milky bulb needs to be replaced and all parts need a bath. I don´t know what has happened to my steady hands.
Here´s the puzzle apart:

Imp 005.jpg

Imp 006.jpg

Imp 007.jpg

Imp 008.jpg

Imp 009.jpg

Imp 010.jpg

Imp 011.jpg

Imp 012.jpg

Imp 013.jpg

I just cleaned the lens and it seems highly likely that I´ll treat it with resin and fiberglass. I also took the bulb bracket apart to replace the license plate lamp, remove the rust and to paint it to prevent corrosion in the future. Tomorrow will be spent at a model car show in Lahti, so the next update will come on Sunday.

bulb bracket 007.jpg

bulb bracket 008.jpg

bulb bracket 012.jpg

bulb bracket 015.jpg

bulb bracket 017.jpg

That´ll happen next summer. Could you post up a photo that shows how all the stuff is located originally under the hood? Tomorrow I`m going to remove the radiator overflow bottle out of the fan shroud`s way.
I was out today running and warming up the storage twins. Not sure if you need those engine shots anymore. I took them and I could post them on my McGoldy or Lil Red thread. Let me know.
twins in storage.jpg

I was out today running and warming up the storage twins. Not sure if you need those engine shots anymore. I took them and I could post them on my McGoldy or Lil Red thread. Let me know.
View attachment 235617

They´d be appreciated, because I have to buy and install an original-like overflow bottle.

Today the front stub frame and battery tray got same new black paint, I took the aftermarket radio off and replaced it with plastic from one´s of our garage friends stash. My dad put filler to the rear quarter panels, because the recessions aren´t so deep that they´d need welding and we checked the wheels, of which the worst has only a bit of rust and scratches. Later we´ll see which ones I´m buying, but either wheel covers from a 69 Imperial or OG wire wheels. Of course they will be mounted with a new set of WSW tires.
Impster may have the original power trunk release, but I´m not sure, if someone has taken off all other components than the button and a couple of wires.
(edited)
Here are pics:

Impster II 003.jpg

Impster II 009.jpg

Impster II 011.jpg

Impster II 022.jpg

Impster II 023.jpg

Impster II 025.jpg

Impster II 030.jpg

Impster II 035.jpg

Impster II 041.jpg

Impster II 042.jpg

Last edited:
I checked the mufflers, which turned out to be from Dynomax and here are the codes from driver´s door tag:

Impster II 021.jpg

Impster II 026.jpg

What's your plan with the original wheel covers if I understand you are swapping them for a set of '69 era wheel covers?

What's your plan with the original wheel covers if I understand you are swapping them for a set of '69 era wheel covers?

Maybe I hang them as wall art. But if you´d like to get them and we can figure out a good price, I could sell them. Impster will not change its owner and especially one wheel covers is dented, so it´s not a minus to not have them.

Last edited:
The reverse lamp lens got fixed with epoxy glue instead of fiberglass and resin.
It´s clear, so its visibility isn´t the greatest.

Impy 005.jpg

Impy 007.jpg

Impy 009.jpg

Impy 011.jpg

Back