Impster - the big&white

Some progress: I replaced the power seat switch, my dad helped to sand the rear quarters and we were making a plan to get the head light covers move as they´re supposed to. Thank you @73 T&C for giving me the good instructions to change the switch easily.

Imper 004.jpg

Imper 008.jpg

Imper 012.jpg

Imper 017.jpg

Imper 006.jpg

Looking good. Love the videos and pics. You gonna keep working on her throughout the winter months? Or does it get super cold in Finland garage?

Looking good. Love the videos and pics. You gonna keep working on her throughout the winter months? Or does it get super cold in Finland garage?

I´ll be working trough the winter. It depends on the garage, how cold it may get, but the one, where Impster is gets to about plus 7 degrees Celsius at the lowest.

Today´s visit included more sanding, some painting and scrubbing heads about how to get the headlight motor out. The paint on the fender tip failed, but it´s only the first coat of white (not even the right shade yet) to see possible flaws.
@DocMcNeedy, I haven´t forgot that Herd goes at the shop, but do you have tips to get it detached? I should change the limit switch, which restricts electricity when the covers should go down.

Imperial 73 002.jpg

Imperial 73 004.jpg

Imperial 73 005.jpg

Imperial 73 006.jpg

Imperial 73 008.jpg

Imperial 73 009.jpg

Imperial 73 010.jpg

Imperial 73 011.jpg

Imperial 73 015.jpg

That grey-like coating is rust converter.

Haven't had any headlight issues on mine (yet)...better let the experts chime in on that one.
Did you refer to the FSM yet? Haven't checked to see if that topic is covered in the manuals.

I have the BSM, but it shows the procedures with a 70 Chrysler 300, which has different components. Otherwise I´d follow it.
Also where did you find the Cooper Trendsetter tires with WSWs? I only find the BSW version.

I have the BSM, but it shows the procedures with a 70 Chrysler 300, which has different components. Otherwise I´d follow it.
Also where did you find the Cooper Trendsetter tires with WSWs? I only find the BSW version.
I got my 2 sets of Coopers from a brick and mortar tire shop here in town. I can post the invoice if you want. Not sure that helps you in Finland?

I got my 2 sets of Coopers from a brick and mortar tire shop here in town. I can post the invoice if you want. Not sure that helps you in Finland?

It would not, but if you would post the part number, I would search the WSWs from here with it.

For @detmatt: I think that the automatic headlight system does not work, because (at least) the needed amplifier is missing. In Fusies it should be installed behind the grille and right next to the LH side dual headlight unit.

Here are the two options, of which I´ll do the decision of ``new`` wheel covers:

s-l1600.jpg

wires.jpg

So either a set from a 69 Imperial or wire wheel covers seen on many Mopars back in the 70s (I´ll stick on 15´´).

We got the headlight motor off today. It came out easily after warming the covers with a heat gun and then using pliers to get the torsion bar loose. Dad was again sanding the rear quarters, when I took all the stuff out from the trunk and brushed it with a steel brush. Some spots of the trunk pan are now covered with rust converter before getting it all the steel protected and painted. Good is that the trunk pan is solid and it has only surface rust. We also took the right front door panel off to get the vent window back to life.

Imp2 003.jpg

Imp2 004.jpg

Imp2 006.jpg

Imp2 007.jpg

Imp2 011.jpg

Imp2 012.jpg

Imp2 013.jpg

Imp2 014.jpg

Imp2 019.jpg

The bumper jack cover has some interesting bits of information and I´ll go with a set of Imperial wheel covers, which I´ll buy from Matt when the mail system is working normally again. This pic is blurry, but still readable.

Imp2 026.jpg

The headlight cover motor seems to be an easy task. Its internal parts were misaligned.

Power 001.jpg

Power 002.jpg

Power 008.jpg

Power 010.jpg

Power 011.jpg

Back