In the day pictures.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Some pictures I shot in 69 at various drag strips while racing.

Also some from Detroit dragway in 63/64. sorry for the poor quality.... All I had then was a "Browmie" box camera.

al and wally staged.jpg

bruce larsons funny camaro.jpg

dick arons & camaro.jpg

dick arons & gordy fouse camaros.jpg

rambler at york.jpg

runner at york.jpg

sox & martin cuda.jpg

staged at indy.jpg

transporters at york.jpg

willys gasser.jpg

We would leave on Friday and drive all night to where ever the show was. usually in a caravan with Dick Arons, Gordy Fouse and sometimes jack Roush and others from the Detroit area..........

caravan.jpg

fuel dragster.jpg

A couple years ago a fellow contacted me, not sure how he got my name and info. He had found and bought Wallys old super Bee. Found it in Indiana. Still in good shape. It apparently was always a race car that never got tore up and stored for a long time.
It was sporting a 70's style "lace" paint job over the original paint.....
I lost track of him and don't know what became of it. Owner said he wanted to restore it back to the "Detroit Dodge Dealers" time. I sent what pictures I had and shared what info I could remember.

booth3.jpg

booth1.jpg

Why was I born in 94 instead of 64 thanks for posting those pictures awesome stuff.

Just awesome. Looks like I woke a sleeping giant LoL. You have a treasure trove of original pictures. I would ask if I could share these too, but I just don't think I should. There is a guy in Nebraska who collects pics & history of old MOPAR racer cars. I'm sure he would be interested in the Booth Super Bee car & may have some info on it. His name I believe is Reed Keope. I can contact him for you if you wish.

Yeah me too. Wish I could have been around to buy these cars off the showroom floor. Damn that must have been awesome.

Yeah me too. Wish I could have been around to buy these cars off the showroom floor. Damn that must have been awesome.
Most of them were VietNam vets who returned not in a body bag but alive and a good chunk of change in their pocket.
They needed something to let loose in and boy did they ever.
What we generaly refer to as Muscle cars came along at the right time.

Most of them were VietNam vets who returned not in a body bag but alive and a good chunk of change in their pocket.
They needed something to let loose in and boy did they ever.
QUOTE]

One of the things that got me through my stint in Viet Nam was the prospect of a new Hemi GTX upon making it out.
I posted my story here some time back and a lot of you have already read it so I hesitate to subject you to it again.
Long story short. two days after returning home I was at a local dealer and had the 69 Hemi on an order sheet, (this was early March of 69), when the salesman came across a recent "new product bulletin" listing the A12 option on a Road Runner. Well, I ended up ordering one, with no other knowledge about them, having not even seen one. I never regretted that day.

Bob shouldn't post any booby pics from now on too. Don't spoil the Kids here. ;)

Back