Intake manifold A/C bracket compatibility (edelbrock)

BSAN

Reaction score
I have a 1965 Chrysler new yorker with the 413 and am looking to put an edelbrock performer intake manifold and edelbrock avs 2 650 cfm carb on. I was wondering if the a/c compressor support brackets will bolt up to the new manifold? Also anyone done this swap and know of any other issues to look out for? Thanks

Screenshot_20210108-100023.png

I put a Torker 383 on my '67 Newport 383 4bbl and the side-to-side rear a/c compressor bracket fit just like it did with the OEM 4bbl manifold. The mounting "ears" on the front of the manifold (front manifold bolts) are the same thickness as the OEM manifold's "ears". I would suspect your Edelbrock would be similar.

But DO compare the thickness of those front mounting ears before you pull things apart, for good measure.

Might have more issues getting the carb/kickdown linkage to work right. Edelbrock used to have an extension for the kickdown rod, which goes between the existing kickdown rod and the slotted end that screws onto it. Kind of like an extension "bushing" of sorts, female threads on one end and male threads on the other. But then I replaced the OEM AFB with a TQuad, so you might not need it.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I put a 383 Torker on my 67 Coronet 383 with AC. I had to cut down the front coil mounting rib by quite a bit. I don't remember if it was the cast iron rear compressor mount or a compressor brace. That was 43 years ago.

I had to carve out a small notch in my performer manifold to allow clearance of the passenger side ac bracket - not to complicated to achieve though.

Back