Interchangeable floor pans?

hotpursuit

Reaction score
Are there any other Mopars that have floor pans that will fit Fuselage C-bodies?

C-body floor pans only interchange amongst itself.
I know you're tempted with B-body pans, but......... No.
And definitely not 55-57 Chevy.

The above was a commentary....

That's the first I've seen the Goodmark panels.

Generally speaking, the Goodmark stuff is OK. Comparing the same pieces, AMD usually wins in the B & E body wars, but the Goodmark stuff is a close second. As I understand it, the Goodmark stuff is the best available for GM cars.

I would bet that these are 1000% better than the Current 2 Classic crap that most of the guys ask about, but that's really speculation based on what I've seen from Goodmark.

The Goodmark pans applications is noted as 65-73.
Usually, when I see the applications spread over more than one generation of C-body, I get suspicious.

All I can add to this is that a 65 Fury floor pan(s) 2dr dropped right into my 66 Polara convertible.
The only difference is the length of the filler pan that is a different length.
This covers the 4dr models as well but the best thing to do is some parts manual research...
I made up the difference with a 3" filler piece..
Even the spot welds were right on the money
IMG_0251.JPG

The Goodmark pans applications is noted as 65-73.
Usually, when I see the applications spread over more than one generation of C-body, I get suspicious.
I think there's more interchangeability in the floors and trunk floors than we know. There may be some subtle differences but the general shape and configuration may be very close.

All I can add to this is that a 65 Fury floor pan(s) 2dr dropped right into my 66 Polara convertible.
The only difference is the length of the filler pan that is a different length.
This covers the 4dr models as well but the best thing to do is some parts manual research...
I made up the difference with a 3" filler piece..
Even the spot welds were right on the money
View attachment 82440

Nice work!

Are there any other Mopars that have floor pans that will fit Fuselage C-bodies?

Some time ago, I heard an owner of a '62 300-H declare that the AMD E-Body re-pop floor pan was a direct drop-in for the floor of his car. I don't know whether or not this is true, or if it is, whether or not it could be used for a fusie, but the claim deserves investigating.

I think there's more interchangeability in the floors and trunk floors than we know. There may be some subtle differences but the general shape and configuration may be very close.

Well the rear frame and front Stub are Fury from my Cdn Polara...
The donor parts all came from that 65 Fury

Again the frames are identical but I did have to add my rear passenger seat brackets back into the floor pan....

the floor pan front section is identical for all Fury's/Polara's/ Monaco's
20150128_191949.jpg
20151005_200921.jpg

Some time ago, I heard an owner of a '62 300-H declare that the AMD E-Body re-pop floor pan was a direct drop-in for the floor of his car. I don't know whether or not this is true, or if it is, whether or not it could be used for a fusie, but the claim deserves investigating.
I remember reading that here. (I think it was here). I also seem to remember someone using a B Body trunk floor as the basis for a replacement for the center part of their trunk floor.

Hi all,

Searching around this seemed like as good a reason to resurrect this old thread since I'm in need of some advice for a '77 New Yorker 2 dr. The floor is rotted from the front flr brace, before the front seat, back along the sill to the body mount. That's what has me worried....

IMG_20211201_123732922[1].jpg

IMG_20211128_154638199[1].jpg

I know of nobody making replacement Formal floor panels. Two options:
1) Make your own panel;
2) Weld in a piece from a rust free parts car.

Either way, its cut & replace...it can be done.

What other models could I scavenge.... Any other c-body coupe from 74-78 ?

Back