Interesting pic I came across today

If These celebreties shown in that Gallery were the typical car buyer of the day there would have been more European imports than domestic cars on the roads.

Pretty sure it's a 61. Looks like it has the canted headlights. The 61 wagons used the same taillights as the 60's.

I stand corrected. I didn't notice the front fender, and I didn't know '61 wagons used '60 tail lamps. Learnin' new **** every day. :thumbsup:

I stand corrected. I didn't notice the front fender, and I didn't know '61 wagons used '60 tail lamps. Learnin' new **** every day. :thumbsup:

That's the beauty of this forum........ So much knowledge here, and not restricted to just C bodys.

61 500. One of the founding memberz of the eastern 300 club and a Chrysler engineer for 18 yearz bought an NOS set of '60-'61 Mopar long roof tail litez way back when at a swap meet and didn't know 'til he tried to mount them in a '60 300 vert. that they're different on the wagonz then all other '61! (The wagon lenz AND Bezel mount from the outside and all otherz mount from the inside and they will not interchange) Oh, and in the mid '89s he waz still trying to sell them to me for way too much even back then.(It'z been rumored that he still haz hiz 1st tooth) Farz I know their still in hiz man cave being used for paper weightz. Jer still LMAO

61 500. One of the founding memberz of the eastern 300 club and a Chrysler engineer for 18 yearz bought an NOS set of '60-'61 Mopar long roof tail litez way back when at a swap meet and didn't know 'til he tried to mount them in a '60 300 vert. that they're different on the wagonz then all other '61! (The wagon lenz AND Bezel mount from the outside and all otherz mount from the inside and they will not interchange) Oh, and in the mid '89s he waz still trying to sell them to me for way too much even back then.(It'z been rumored that he still haz hiz 1st tooth) Farz I know their still in hiz man cave being used for paper weightz. Jer still LMAO

Still has his first tooth.....funny!!!!

That is one outstanding wagon, thanks for the link mdh157.
When I travelled to the USA in 2011 I spotted a beautiful red 1960 Chrysler wagon ( uncertain of sub-model sorry ) on a transporter in California. I think it was for sale on ebay at the time.

Last edited:
Back