Interior Restoration poll

65&66Fury

Reaction score
OK guys I have a question to pose to those of you who restored their interior or had a shop do it. I have called around to five shops in my area today inquiring on a price to redo my interior. Quotes ranged from 1800 to 3000 US.

FYI, both of my Furys' interiors are at about 50%, needing carpet, headliner, recovered seats(front and back), and repair or complete door panels.

So my question is how much did you spend to redo the interior of your C either yourself or at a shop. Thanks for any input.:sSig_thankyou:

Also does anyone know where I can find two benches (front and rear) for my 66 Fury III?

Last edited:
Depends on your skill level IMO, I try to do as much as I can on my own but there are a few things that intimadate me and I would hire those things out. I would have somebody install the seat covers and the headliner and restore the gauges, everything else I would do.

I pulled the seats out and took them to the shop, picked them up when done. I am sure that saved some coin. I have also replaced many a carpets which is an easy project since they are available for almost any year, make, model.
The head liner is not hard but then again I replaced one in my 72' Challenger years ago. It was a reproduction and made to fit. Not sure if there is anything available for your headliner.

My point is, I tackle what I can........there is no way I was doing stitch work.

Depends on your skill level IMO, I try to do as much as I can on my own but there are a few things that intimadate me and I would hire those things out. I would have somebody install the seat covers and the headliner and restore the gauges, everything else I would do.

I completely agree with both of you guys on that! I can do the headliner and the carpet. I can even do the dash. But the seats and door panels I dont have enough confidence or expertise to tackle that.

I did all the installation except for the seat covers. I have about $8K in my interior.

Before:
Interior1.jpg

After:
Interior1b.jpg

Interior1a.jpg

Just Dashes did the dash pad, seat backs, console lid and a lot of dye work to make sure everything matched up.

SMS/Legendary did the seat upholstery. The rest of the interior soft trim came from Legendary including the carpet. SMS did the door panels. Quality Restorations did the steering wheel and shift knob. Ssnake Oyl did the seat belts.

Interior1.jpg

Interior1.jpg

Interior1b.jpg

Interior1b.jpg

Interior1a.jpg

Interior1a.jpg

I did all the installation except for the seat covers. I have about $8K in my interior.

I'd be embarrassed to park next to you, yet honored to know you.

Every time I see the interior of rexus31 I think, one day.....:notworthy:

I'd be embarrassed to park next to you, yet honored to know you.

Every time I see the interior of rexus31 I think, one day.....:notworthy:

That's the truth polara! I think most of us on here wish we had an interior like rexus31...

I wish I had an :bootyshake: worthy of sitting on those seats......

That is TOO funny! but we have to be careful about how much praise we give Rexus31, soon his ego will be to big for this forum!:rolling::rolling::rolling:

interior

My interior is almost done, I installed new carpet, had the seats done ($2100.) and cleaned and re-dyed the hard plastic panels so they all look fresh and the same color. The headliner is a hardboard type, which is in very good shape, the dash is not cracked (lucky me!) so a few details and I'm set. I have to find a shop that can sew on the rear cargo carpet binding so that is done, and I need some odd parts. I also plan on getting the door panels pro redone, maybe next year. I also added many pounds of dynomat sound deadner. The headliner in my wagon is white, the rest is F8 green, which brightens the interior alot. I have figured out that Chrylser installed a white headliner with the rear A/C setup. Here's a pic of the seats.

rear air.JPG

000_0002.jpg

000_0003.jpg

That's the truth polara! I think most of us on here wish we had an interior like rexus31...

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm sure your cars are very nice as well.

I wish I had an :bootyshake: worthy of sitting on those seats......

That is TOO funny! but we have to be careful about how much praise we give Rexus31, soon his ego will be to big for this forum!:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Thats o.k. he has the right car to haul it around in...

No egos here. Just another car guy into restoration but mostly driving them when they are done.

My interior is almost done, I installed new carpet, had the seats done ($2100.) and cleaned and re-dyed the hard plastic panels so they all look fresh and the same color. The headliner is a hardboard type, which is in very good shape, the dash is not cracked (lucky me!) so a few details and I'm set. I have to find a shop that can sew on the rear cargo carpet binding so that is done, and I need some odd parts. I also plan on getting the door panels pro redone, maybe next year. I also added many pounds of dynomat sound deadner. The headliner in my wagon is white, the rest is F8 green, which brightens the interior alot. I have figured out that Chrylser installed a white headliner with the rear A/C setup. Here's a pic of the seats.

Good work, man. Keep the pics coming!

when I got my fury it came with a set of Legendary seat covers and a carpet kit, I dont know how much they cost , but my upolsterer only charged me $45o NZ to fit the covers and I fitted the carpet.

when I got my fury it came with a set of Legendary seat covers and a carpet kit, I dont know how much they cost , but my upolsterer only charged me $45o NZ to fit the covers and I fitted the carpet.

I just checked out Legendary's website... They have interior kits for anything you want! Gonna cost me $250/bench and $399 for the door panels. Didn't price the carpet yet.

Bob- beautiful!:yourock: That seat is identical in pattern to the ones in my new '70 Fury III vert... we need to talk! ...PM sent.

I had the privalige of seeing Rexus's car in person at Spring Fling last week end and belive me it looks FANTASTIC in person. Great Job Scott.

Back