Interior Upholstery - Custom or Stock

Mudeblue

Reaction score
I am doing a total off frame restoration on my 1965 Sport Fury Convertible. I have NOS vinyl, all dark blue, and can have a custom/hand sewn seats and convertible boot or purchase a complete stock interior, including door panels, from Legendary Auto. I originally restored the car in 1989 before Legendary made the door panels which were sewn to somewhat reflect what the heat pressed look which turned out very nice. I am on the fence as to whether I should have custom seats sewn or go with the stock look from Legendary. Overall, i am trying to keep the car stock with no customization other than chrome work in the engine compartment, disc brakes and after market A/C. Any thoughts!

Overall, i am trying to keep the car stock with no customization other than chrome work in the engine compartment, disc brakes and after market A/C. Any thoughts!

Well, I reckon you answered yer question right there, partner.

Just kidding. :D

Put up some pics of your interior...

Legendary does factory correct interiors, if that is what you want. You should do what ever feels right to you keeping in mind the more stock you keep a relatively rare vert, the more it will usually be worth.

Dave

118C9A95-8009-4A66-AED4-3B100D2247B5.jpeg
There is something special about the look of the original interiors that I very much prefer. I do believe there is a place for custom work but if you are trying to stay somewhat original go with Legendary that’s where I sourced mine.
FA57E022-3F8A-470D-9311-30F6AE4FE549.jpeg

The repro OEM-spec Legendary Interior will never go out of style, for the car. That it's a Legendary Interior product can be a "selling point" by itself, even if you keep the car forever.

Doing something "custom" might be neat, BUT it might indicate (to others) that you didn't want (or get) "the best interior" for the car. Plus, it might be to your taste, but not to somebody else?

The Legendary Interior will look "right", even with the under hood chrome (tastefully done), added disc brakes, and added-on a/c.

Your judgment call,
CBODY67

Back