Introducing myself and my project car.

Commander 927

Reaction score
I am a 25 year (and counting) police officer. I had several classic cars when I was in my teens. I've owned a Nash Metropolitan for about 12 years, but now have a 6 year old and wanted something larger and V8 powered (more room as he grows/longer trips). I decided to hunt for a 4 dr ht and discovered C bodies provided more for the $ than anything else. I've always loved Mopars but never had a big block. So I bought a fairly solid 67 Monaco 4 dr ht minus engine or trans for cheap. I have all the parts to get it running and painted. Just building the engine now. It's a slow go due to work and kid. I have already found a wealth of info on this site to get me started and will need more advice as I go. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome from Virginia!
Many thanks for your service as a police officer. With accusations of racial profiling, police officers don't get the respect they deserve. Also, with all the bureaucracy and regulations, my 2 friends who are police officers say it's much harder than when they started 30 years ago.
Thanks for protecting the public, even if you are over-regulated and under appreciated.

Welcome from Virginia!
Many thanks for your service as a police officer. With accusations of racial profiling, police officers don't get the respect they deserve. Also, with all the bureaucracy and regulations, my 2 friends who are police officers say it's much harder than when they started 30 years ago.
Thanks for protecting the public, even if you are over-regulated and under appreciated.
I have been in the Community Relations unit for a year. We are working hard to overcome the negativity (that only comes from a very few people) and let people know that our department and officers care and are there for them.

Welcome! From Kingston Ontario.
I am also a new owner of a 67 Monaco added to my fleet!

20221121_124224.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from North Dakota with my 68 Polara.

I almost bought a 68. I let my wife decide between the two. I liked the 67 taillights and the extra interior chrome. I also liked the 68 grille. My wife picked the 67 because she thought the taillights were awesome.
The '67 taillights are pretty cool, but I fell on love with the '68 taillights, took me a few minutes to realize the back up light divided the two sides! Here's the Cicada in all her glory.

IMG_20200807_001821.jpg

Look forward to seeing your car on the road.

I am a 25 year (and counting) police officer. I had several classic cars when I was in my teens. I've owned a Nash Metropolitan for about 12 years, but now have a 6 year old and wanted something larger and V8 powered (more room as he grows/longer trips). I decided to hunt for a 4 dr ht and discovered C bodies provided more for the $ than anything else. I've always loved Mopars but never had a big block. So I bought a fairly solid 67 Monaco 4 dr ht minus engine or trans for cheap. I have all the parts to get it running and painted. Just building the engine now. It's a slow go due to work and kid. I have already found a wealth of info on this site to get me started and will need more advice as I go. Thanks in advance.
Welcome! Retire and get to the Monaco!

Back