Introduction of JO 753

JO 753

Reaction score
Howdy.

I have a 72 New Yorker. Its rusty, but runz great. I've had it since 1989 and had 2 before that. My dad had a brown wun and I learned to drive in it.

I've been prepping a PS fender for it for a month, waiting for warmer weather to install it.

I've got a few parts left from 2 1972 New Yorkers I parted out. If you need anything you can see a list with pics on my Facebook page C body Bob. Please check it out & like my page please

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome aboard from :canada:. Hope you start a restoration thread and keep us posted. Pics?

I'm not much uv a restorer really. I admire peepl who can do it, but I don't feel the motivation. Also, I like to not hav to worry about scratchez and accidents. I'm more into making it work well better than orijinal.

Still, I am spending sum time to make the fender look haf way desent.

Herez a few piks:
APRL 10 2016.JPG
I hav Motegi 17" front, 20" rear with BF Goodrich G-Force tirez. They get insane traction until the temp drops below 25f, then it changez to sliption! I'm thinking uv sending the fenderz to the Vatican to ad to their holy relics colection.

Herez the new PS fender in progress:
IMG_3563.JPG
IMG_3569.JPG
IMG_3571.JPG

The bottom 1/3 behind the weel well iz stainless steel and I added SS tubing stiffening brasez in place uv the formed steel brase that wuz hiding rust. The rest I sanded and sprayed with rust converter and cold galvanize paint.

I've got a few parts left from 2 1972 New Yorkers I parted out. If you need anything you can see a list with pics on my Facebook page C body Bob. Please check it out & like my page please

Hi Bob.

I didnt see any 72 NY piks there. I'm looking for a DS fender now and that piece that goez under the front bumper. Valence panel?

About my Avatar.

I made the SharkJO pik a few yirz ago. I wuz inspired by Kevin O'Leary from the show Shark Tank. In a wierd coinsidens, I liked how it turned out, so I put it on a USB to take into my momz room to show her on her TV and wen I turned her TV on therez Kevin O'Leary! He wuz a gest on a morning blather show.

My mom got several nitemarez from it.

Back