Irishman

When you get a chance and have lots of popcorn, it's a must watch...full of forward look mopars!

It was an ok movie. Glad I saw it once, that was enough. . .

I don't think it was full of either but it had old cars scattered throughout which enhanced the film.

3.5 hours long. Good movie, however.....I just didn't see any of the realism portrayed by the dyed black 75 year old DeNiro playing a 30 something dad to a 9 year old girl. Their fighting skills (even acting) sucked big time. Pesci looked old as **** too. Those guys are way too old to play somebody in their 30's or 40's.

3.5 hours long. Good movie, however.....I just didn't see any of the realism portrayed by the dyed black 75 year old DeNiro playing a 30 something dad to a 9 year old girl. Their fighting skills (even acting) sucked big time. Pesci looked old as **** too. Those guys are way too old to play somebody in their 30's or 40's.

Watch the after show. Their images were explained in that, lots of computer stuff going on. However you are correct, the acting was sub par for them.

Nicholson was a much better Hoffa .

I am retired I read the book over a weekend and watched the movie last night. was good but could of been better. I watched" Kill The Irishman" today on Netflix it a few c- bodies in it also. It also had some references to the same NY mafia crew.time period was mid 70's Cleveland,Oh

Before You Watch Netflix's the Irishman, Know This: Jimmy Hoffa Learned How to Live Forever

4754292.jpg

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSOAF1CaocEoe4nnheNOdKm-1e1-OE--9SQPHkaHvbemtUXvX0P.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Problem is him like so many of these clowns are given such a huge stage and audience to spew their opinion and so many people put these types on a pedestal and think because he or she are or were a great actor that what they say should be given credence.

Us regular people don't have that stage, we're not given that kind of opportunity.

Also and more importantly with the right of freedom of speech, comes or should come with the wisdom of when to use it.
For example, my daughter who was in the Air Force for 22 years, was stationed in Germany and went to see Madonna in Berlin. Halfway thru the show she starts spewing her political rhetoric... including "**** Bush!" Well, that didn't set well with the over half the audience being that they were mostly active military. They expressed their freedom of speech by marching out of the place!
Not a very wise move by Madonna!

To me, these so called "artists" should keep their viewpoints out of the headlines. For their own sake.

How did I get sucked into discussing POLITICS again. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

EDIT FWIW.. has anybody clicked on my sig!?!?

EDIT FWIW.. has anybody clicked on my sig!?!?

You've reached your free monthly limit

Get Unlimited Digital Access
$1 a week for 10 weeks
Subscribe Now
Cancel Anytime

While the economy is humming along n people are getting pay raises finally our ignorant politicians are spending all that tax revenue PLUS A TRLLION $$ per year!!
Repubs are just as bad as the liberals about spending our grandkids future.Those who say that the repubs have too to get a budget passed,I call BS.There is no spending restraint want so ever and its gonna cripple this country in the not so near future.

Back