Is it wrong of me liking these wheels on a 300?

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I like the factory hub caps on my '66 300, but I really like these Magnum 500 with spinner. Is this wrong of me?

66Chrysler3.jpg66Chrysler10.jpg

66Chrysler3.jpg

66Chrysler10.jpg

I like the factory hub caps on my '66 300, but I really like these Magnum 500 with spinner. Is this wrong of me?

NO! Its not wrong , go for it . It'll dress it up a bit while staying within the Chrysler guidelines

Call it a weakness but I have always liked a nice wheel. All my cars I have owned I keep them looking pretty stock, but I tend to changed the factory wheels. They have to look right on the car and have always liked the Magnum wheels.

I think I am going to restore my factory caps and see how good they turn out. I saw how you did your caps Scott, so I now know that they can be saved. They may end up being a decoration for my shop, because I really like the Magnums. You never know, I may surprise myself after I put the work into the caps and change my mind.

Call it a weakness but I have always liked a nice wheel. All my cars I have owned I keep them looking pretty stock, but I tend to changed the factory wheels. They have to look right on the car and have always liked the Magnum wheels.

I think I am going to restore my factory caps and see how good they turn out. I saw how you did your caps Scott, so I now know that they can be saved. They may end up being a decoration for my shop, because I really like the Magnums. You never know, I may surprise myself after I put the work into the caps and change my mind.

I was going to go with Magnums but decided to restore the caps instead. Glad I did, I think it is the finishing touch on the resto. I just couldn't bring myself to put the Magnums on the car as they weren't available in '65.

Wheel choice....

I made the decision to go with road wheels on my 69 300 even though they were not an avaliable option in 69.

Also a fan of the OEM hubcaps too.
It's yory personal choice and you can't go wrong either way.

300 at boat dock 2 (Large).jpg

I have it ask me , i'll tell you the way it should be.

I meant keeping Chrysler wheels and not aftermarket wheels

I like the stock Chrysler road wheels, but I have the original polished aluminum wheel covers that I think look great on my NY'er.

chrysler-newyorker-hubcaps-397c[1].jpg

chrysler-newyorker-hubcaps-397c[1].jpg

I like the stock Chrysler road wheels, but I have the original polished aluminum wheel covers that I think look great on my NY'er.

View attachment 6269

imagesCAXBBP1Q.jpg

The basic design theme reveals the designer was a compulsive gambler in my opinion. :)

imagesCAXBBP1Q.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my caps the one in the middle is washed and nothing else. The other 2 were taken straight off the car when I received it. They look pretty good from a distance but the clear plastic is cloudy and lined and of course I only have 3. I can find a replacement there are several out there to be bought plus there is a Mopar Trade show in Columbus (25 minutes away) next weekend. Same place where they have the Mopar Nationals in August every year.

Factory caps s.jpg

Factory caps s.jpg

I think those are restorable. Are the disks dented? They look like the same disks as mine with a different plastic medallion.

I think those are restorable. Are the disks dented? They look like the same disks as mine with a different plastic medallion.

The one looks dented in the photo but that is a shadow. The disks I would consider in very good shape. My concern was the clear plastic.

Depends on your plans with the car. If you are going for the stock look I would restore or have those caps restored. They were made for that car

Back