Is there a place that restores emblems?

Wile E Coyote

Super Genius
Reaction score
I'd like to get these two "THREE HUNDRED" emblems restored. Does anyone know of a place that does this sort of thing?
Thanks in advance for any knowledge, info, suggestions!

300 three hundred emblem.jpg

If they were just worn and not pitted there are a few chromers that do pot metal. At issue is the pitting which is out gassing of the original pot metal. I was told this by the guys that did some of my pot metal. If I recall correctly he said that sanding and filling changes the composition enough that it won’t chrome evenly. Plus the out gassing will continue eventually ending up with pinholes. I used a company in Brainerd MN, I think they go by Keystone plating now. It seems that they had a location in TN as well (or closer than MN)

I used (Paul’s chroming) (724) 538-3367, a bit pricey but awesome work. They told me that chroming pot metal is the more expensive. Especially if the pot metal needs work. If your emblems have any type of coloring on them, you’ll have to do that yourself after it comes back. All the Chromers does is strip it repair it, and chrome it. I had the dealer emblem done on my 75 New Yorker, turned out great. I’m having other potted metal work done on my 77 New Yorker, haven’t gotten back yet. But

Something like that emblem up there would be very labor intensive to re-plate. Looks like there's pits which need to be blasted, filled, and filed smooth...but hard to tell.

It might be worth it to find a better set of used emblems and either install those or restore them. Murray Park....ebay....FCBO.... @marty mopar perhaps?

Much, much cheaper to find better pieces. Shouldn't be that hard, probably even NOS with some luck.

Another option is to build up the spots with epoxy, use those as patterns and cast them in bronze. Bronze is a copper alloy and doesn't need to be copper plated first in the chroming process. Look at lost wax casting.

Still one more option, and the cheapest, is to again repair what you have (with epoxy) and spray them. They aren't real shiny chrome to begin with as those have a brushed finish. You'd have a hard time telling they are painted if you do it right... or do that until you find better pieces.

I used (Paul’s chroming) (724) 538-3367, a bit pricey but awesome work. They told me that chroming pot metal is the more expensive. Especially if the pot metal needs work. If your emblems have any type of coloring on them, you’ll have to do that yourself after it comes back. All the Chromers does is strip it repair it, and chrome it. I had the dealer emblem done on my 75 New Yorker, turned out great. I’m having other potted metal work done on my 77 New Yorker, haven’t gotten back yet. But
Would love to see it when it comes back.

Back