Is this a rare option?

71Polara

Reaction score
no b pillar?

1590341052582.JPEG

like is that a number you can determine from the tag, or do you just know that off the top of your head?

@71Polara -- thank you for posting DE43G1F242070 's fender tag. Your Dodge Polara is a four-door hardtop. Production numbers are here.

As @detmatt has noted, yours is a low production model: only 2,487 were made. In contrast, 7 times as many Polara Custom 4-dr hardtops were made. That is because your model was the entry level senior Dodge in 1971 (DE, for Dodge Economy), and as such the folks buying the car went heavily for the sturdier, cheaper 4dr sedan -- of which 21,578 were made in 1971. The sedan/hardtop ratio is almost reversed for the Polara Custom (DL, for Dodge Low) -- and there were no sedan offering (only hardtops) for Polara Broughams (DM, for Dodge Medium).

Here is a decode of your car's tag, courtesy of MyMopar:

DE: Dodge Polara (Economy)
43: 4 Door Hardtop

G: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
1: 1971
F: Newark, DE, USA

242070: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
GY4: Light Gold (i.e., Yellow)
F1F7: Trim - Cloth and Vinyl Bench, Green
GF7: Dark Green Poly Int. Door Frames
618: Build Date: June 18
194852: Order number

V1Y: Full Vinyl Top, Gold
U: USA Specifications
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V5X: Body Side Moldings with Black Inserts (thanks @cuda hunter)
END: End of Sales Codes

upload_2020-5-24_13-19-8.png

Last edited:
With some Chrysler products, you NEVER know when a low-production model might be hiding in plain, open sight! Especially a non-A/B/E body car! Unfortunately, "rare" does not always equate to "more $$$$" or "increased interest".

Neat find!
CBODY67

I've been looking for years for v5x for a barracuda. Have yet to get a set for a cuda.
I have about a half set thanks to a member here for challenger.
So, polara71 your saying that v5x for C bodies is easy to find? I've not needed a set for a C body so I've not looked. And I assumed they would be just as hard to find as the ebodies.
especially since no one likes them and they get taken off once one falls off.

Back