It´s time for the Slab picture thread

WissaMan

Reaction score
Northeast PA, 10 minutes from Knoebels Grove
The 1968 New Yorker (originally my Dad's) that started my love of these cars. It's in a pretty unfortunate state right now, having sat semi-disassembled for 27 years. But it is my ambition to restore it. It will be slow going, and I will be learning a lot as I go. But I've see people restore cars in much worse shape than this one. They say a journey of a 1000 miles starts with a single step and today we took that step -- we hooked a battery to it and cranked the engine. We didn't try to start it because the carb started leaking as soon as gas pumped into it. But I have the Holley from the 300 that I'm going to throw on it. The power seat still worked too.
upload_2019-8-11_21-29-13.png

rd92west

plan C
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Graham.
They are never exactly as nice as a person would like.
I have been wanting a survivor rust free car. This one is rust free. But it needs suspension upgrade. Havnt done a compression test yet. It starts and runs well. I put 100 miles on it and detect rear axle noise. People stare at it. It's a eye catcher.
I thought about a 4 speed conversion. Or rather a 66 Chrysler 4 speed. This car is way too nice to change. I will need to find another one.
It's got a appointment tomorrow for a safety inspection. I will get a good look at it on the hoist.
After safteyed it's going into storage.
It was a real nice holiday and on way home I had 3 cars pull up beside the trailer and take pictures. And almost every biker that passed me took a good look and give me a thumbs up.

rd92west

plan C
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
1 more thing. Some clown installed a penstar on the left side. WTF A non mopar guy would not notice but it drives me crazy. I am stuck with it. At least it's kinda in the correct place.
I have a 65 thou mile adult driven original condition 69 340 barracuda and it has the moron installed left side penstar.
I give up

steveh

Reaction score
Yesterday drove the 300 about 400 miles to Saskatoon. It drove great and I got 19 mpg (imperial gal).
F65F4E48-2228-4862-BCB1-4C441DB74378.jpeg
A095874D-0182-4914-974F-50FB4A4D5FDF.jpeg